isitafox

How Do You React When You Hurt Yourself?

41 posts in this topic

After seeing Leons shindig it got me thinking, how do you react when you get hurt. Are you a scream in pain kind of person, mutter under your breath,etc...

Whenever I gash myself I tend to swear under my breath but take it quite well, even when I broke my ankle in the snow I just remember casually saying "b*****d!" to myself and getting on with it, with a bit more quiet swearing when I realised what I'd actually done!

I did this on Thursday (fell onto the corner of a wall with all my weight.....7 stitches), I just casually called my GF and asked her to take me to the hospital.

30ct9xs.jpg

6r0k8k.jpg

I don't shout, I tend to just sit down for a bit and breath lots. When I broke my collarbone I was around kids just before starting a show, they were asking me if I was ok so I had to pretend I was fine. I then went and told my friend/boss that I needed to go to the hospital.

Same when I broke my foot, just stayed calm and chatted to folk before Mark took me to hospital.

1 person likes this

Mine didn't really hurt, not acting hard or anything but it was so quick I barely noticed it, but as soon as the pedal hit & I knew what'd happened, I was trying to look at it before I started to fall the 7-8 feet.

Sounds like I need a link to this shin dig...

Here it is

post-1701-0-47886500-1406394354_thumb.jp

2 people like this

Ouch!

I'll admit to crying out when I bust my ankle. Our lass told me to man up until she saw it when they'd cut my ankle guard off, then she took it back

1 person likes this

i always use the f word a lot,if i would be videoed hurting myself it would sound like

beep beeeebeeeep beepeepeeeeeeepeeeep!!!

;)

Silly Ali, you're wearing odd socks...oh wait...Jeez... :P

I tend to go quiet until the pain goes.

Here it is

holy sh*t, didnt click on the pic to see full size,until now.

that was literally sliced open!

hope it healed quick

I generally either carry on so nobody knows that I hurt myself (I've got a street rep to keep up ennit :P ) Or if nobody is around, do a little jog/dance-it-off and then go home and cry myself to sleep :)

I get angry and usually have to suppress the feeling of wanting to hit/break/throw something.

Ben

1 person likes this

I usually swear or run and dance about or laugh, either of those three really

I usually swear or run and dance about or laugh, either of those three really

throw bike

cry

just leave the bike where it landed, walk some, try not to shout to loud, take a drink break or go home

usually when I start to fall I tend to be exhausted and usually I am just falling with 0 progress

Walk around, mutter to myself, sit down, smoke. Kind of exactly what I do when I don't hurt myself, to be fair.

1 person likes this

I usually get very angry with myself for doing whatever silly thing caused the injury.

Get up, check to see if i've broken anything on my bike, then get back on and ride the pain off. Except for when I busted my knee, then my face just went like ghost white and nearly passed out haha.

If its a shin dig I normally say ouch and poke it a bit

but if I land on my wrist or something I poke about at where it hurts and then proceed to flap it about for a good about of time until I forget why I'm trying to fly.

Suppress the need to shout by closing my mouth if the pain is intense. If the pain is overwhelming I usually end up on the ground, otherwise I walk it off.

I misread that as wank it off for a split second haha.

I misread that as wank it off for a split second haha.

Good idea but could get awkward.

I usually shout an expletive then assess the damage.