Why no validation?

Sorry to go a bit off topic but am getting annoyed with the amount of for sale threads I am looking at that don't have pictures in the advertisement.

Can something be done about this where it can be approved by a moderator first? Also a lot of people use excuses saying they have issues uploading pictures even though it's really easy so maybe a thread with a guide on how to do it?

Thanks

Maybe 5 years ago this might have been unreasonable. But these days there no excuse for no picture other that lazyness... which isn't something you want from a seller.

One of my claims to fame is not only has Pete Wright been in my bedroom, I've been in his.

One year, we took Pete to the bike show with us, and on the way home, we called into his parents house and met them!

they largely explained why Pete was Pete within about 4 seconds, much like meeting jardo's parents instantly explains everything too :lol:

Jardo?

Penis.

Remember that lad who joined up and had this idea to start a "we buy and bike" business and we told him it wouldn't work...then about 6 months later he was miiiiiinted and crashing Bentleys into clubs in London.

Much like meeting jardo's DAD instantly explains everything too :lol:

Edited for accuracy.

Penis.

Remember that lad who joined up and had this idea to start a "we buy and bike" business and we told him it wouldn't work...then about 6 months later he was miiiiiinted and crashing Bentleys into clubs in London.

Edited for accuracy.

I dunno, your mums pretty entertaining too! (gnomes!)

I'm pretty sure that wasn't because of We Buy Any Cycle (link to his original topic on here about it), and not just because I was one of the detractors (and people trying to sell him ads, it seems) at the time! It seems that his actual wins came mainly from a PR company he either ran or worked at. I pestered him about it a few years back and he wouldn't give me an answer, although it's still fun to see his updates come up on FB every now and again.

1 question (may seem stupid) but what is validation

TF used to have a validation process, it started off with mods "validating" you so you could post in the main forums.

Otherwise you were stuck in new members chat, which was terrible.

Them it went to a voting type system where a certain number of people had to give you a post approval before you could post in the main forums.

It was f**king fantastic.

Time flies man. I remember one SM ranting about how he wish he'd have never recommended me for validation (back when only Admin could validate) because I had a differing opinion than him. Being stuck in NMC sucked big time. The funny thing is it actually worked well because it was a big deal to get validated and I think it made people stick around for longer because of it now that I think about it.

• Like 1

Time flies man. I remember one SM ranting about how he wish he'd have never recommended me for validation (back when only Admin could validate) because I had a differing opinion than him. Being stuck in NMC sucked big time. The funny thing is it actually worked well because it was a big deal to get validated and I think it made people stick around for longer because of it now that I think about it.

Definitely agree with that JT. I had a pretty long debate with tomturd about it at the time. I believed it was better to keep the community small but made of up funnier people who weren't retarded, he believed that the community had become stale and was too clicky. Both right, and IMO there would be no issue if he'd just promote a few more SMs every once in a while. SMC should be the clicky boys club that Chit-Chat is trying to be IMO, with it's BOTI and Happy/Angry threads.

Edited by Muel

I don't even use the Tarty discount, and I've had to put up with more abuse than ANY of you. I want a pink name.

Key things that define a TF member of old...

Pete.

JT moving to America to live in a trailer.

When Mike lived in Brighton.

TGM didn't exist.

Crotch-Pasta.

Prawns Uni-house in Portsmouth.

Gaffa-Taping Sam to a chair and covering him in ketchup and piss.

Anything Rich Pearson did between the years of 2002 and 2008.

"Muel, don't wear it out."

That annoying Charlie kid.

The Circus.

Hannah Shucksmith getting badoinked by Donkey Kong.

Knowing that I like SAAB's.

The TF car meet and me smashing my car up the day before and everyone being genuine concerned.

The first 24 Tour.

The old forum layout. (No, the one before that.)

Oli :( (RIP)

Which leads me abruptly onto a quite serious point.

Lots of us have grown up together, and lots of our real friends have been lost on the journey so far.

Inadvertently if we like it or not have shared years of our lives together, and we'll never forget TF. But when will it end? When will we stop logging into TF and taking the piss out of each other?

I hope it isn't any time soon, because all told at the end of the day you're all a great bunch of lads you old school TF gang.

:)

• Like 4

Jardo does seem to have his moments and that post was one of them.

I do find myself in the trials related sections of this forum less and less over the last few years and that is primarily down to the amount of shit that gets posted in there. But I can't see me stopping logging in any time soon, even if it is to satisfy some strange form of voyeurism and see how everyone I've known in the period of time i've been on here is doing and what they're up to.