Member tagging

Normally speaking when you quote someone they get a notification.

The system works fine why try and fix it when it's not broke.

Doesn't seem logical compared to how it has always been.

Again, read the thread properly :) I'm not saying get rid of the quote system. Those words never left my mouth.

Thanks Mike

Not sure whether this is a standard feature of IP board which can be switched on but I have found some code for this to be added in, not sure how good it is.

A few other mods I'd like to see is an awards system, just for fun you could set awards for stuff like most liked comment and every month a different member could get a badge on their profile linking to whatever it was that garnered the most likes. Can also have things like most posts in a month, most likes in a month, etc, wouldn't necessarily mean anything but would a fun way to get more poeple posting.

Finally I spotted a really useful hook, it gives you the ability to quote selected text so rather than having to quote an entire post then edit it down afterwards you can just select what you want then you get the option to quote this or mention the member in your reply.

• Like 1

Not sure whether this is a standard feature of IP board which can be switched on but I have found some code for this to be added in, not sure how good it is.

A few other mods I'd like to see is an awards system, just for fun you could set awards for stuff like most liked comment and every month a different member could get a badge on their profile linking to whatever it was that garnered the most likes. Can also have things like most posts in a month, most likes in a month, etc, wouldn't necessarily mean anything but would a fun way to get more poeple posting.

Finally I spotted a really useful hook, it gives you the ability to quote selected text so rather than having to quote an entire post then edit it down afterwards you can just select what you want then you get the option to quote this or mention the member in your reply.

That sounds great.

Awards are pretty gay though will just mean everyone's commenting just for likes imo and that's what I'm here for P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's out of beta and into release candidate now so won't be long.

@Danny

whar does not so long means?

(I am not trying to harass you with that, the reason why I ask it is because it would be soooooooo comfortable)

Edited by HippY