Fitness bands and activity trackers.

Pashley26

My Jawbone is quality, it's pretty amazing seeing the difference in the amount I do when I work days, nights and have days off. Also I've connected mine with my Bounts account so I get points towards shopping vouchers for just walking about and riding my bike like I normally do!

My Jawbone is quality, it's pretty amazing seeing the difference in the amount I do when I work days, nights and have days off. Also I've connected mine with my Bounts account so I get points towards shopping vouchers for just walking about and riding my bike like I normally do!

How many points are you getting on a fairly active day, cycling to and from work etc? Just out of interest!

Just doing about 10,000 steps a day I get 50-60 points I think with a bonus for bounts posting on Facebook (which I have set to show only me so it doesn't block peoples feeds up and piss everyone off). I know you get more points via Strava (in addition to other fitness apps) as well for cycling/running longer than 20 mins which is a bugger as my commute is about 16-17 mins! Also got my gym hopefully signing up with bounts so everytime I go I'll get 15 points for swiping in, not a bad system really!

If you sign up to a bounts account I reiterate this!

It's worth getting registered with https://www.bounts.it/ as you can earn points from workouts/walking/running/cycling which can be exchanged for shopping vouchers and stuff! If you sign up with the referral code barratt946 you'll get 50 bonus points for signing up and another 50 when you complete your first activity. One of my mates who runs our local gym has just got me signed up as I'm getting a Jawbone for crimbo and you can also link stuff like Strava and earn using that!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, 1275 bounts points gets you a £5 shopping voucher for some supermarkets, Amazon, John Lewis (only 975 needed for PC World) and in less than a month I've managed 1105 so far. Plan is to keep earning them then come next Christmas I should be able to trade them in to either treat myself or put towards the family.

No it works off a number of fitness trackers and running/cycling apps. If you use Strava/Runkeeper/etc it's worth joining!

I do loads of mtb and road cycling normally about 60 miles a week and have strava, my Mrs just got a fitbit to which site is best to register to get vouchers?

Sounds almost to good to be true that you can get £10 a week of free vouchers just for excersise.

Go to https://www.bounts.it/to register and if you use my referral code barratt946 you get some bonus points to start off. There's an iPhone and Android app to keep track of your points as well. Not including the points I get for today I've managed over 1400 in a month.

Just seen on Facebook that the bounts website is currently down so just keep an eye on it and keep trying!

• 4 years later...

A bit old topic but i didnt want to start a new. 

Does anyone have a good experience with trials and fitness bands? I used a qs80 a few years ago, but it didnt even detected riding trials in any way. It worked for running though.

Im thinking about a Xiaomi Band 3 or 4, they sounds and looks decent. 

I dont want to plan my trainings from second to second or anything like this, i just think it would be fun to get some information about my riding. And i think the pulse monitor, intelligent alarm etc. would be great.

i have a bit. i used a garmin vivo, i found that i needed to use an external hrm to get accurate and consistent hrm readouts, the optic sensor isn't good enough when your being that physical, so factor that into your budget and choice.

i imagine this will still be the case with any optic sensor.

i would just tell it i was doing cardio and it would do the rest. 

For trials an optic based one should be fine, as long as you do it up tight enough. Most problems with optic HR sensors come from cadence lock, which you’re just not going to get while trials riding. 

I’m really happy with my Polar M430. Awesome value. Does everything I need personally in terms of tracking pace, HR and GPS routes as well as being able to lock it to HR or pace zones.