Apologies another Inspired thread - 4Play Element 2014

Abu_Baca

Sorry to start another Inspired 24 thread..

I asked a while ago about the Arcade and now I'm ready to order I am thinking again whether at my level I really want to spend that much. Am I a tall rider at 6ft? It seems like it'd be a bit cramped and too much of a step in the bmx side rather than trialsy street style which is what I do (/attempt). I don't think I'm that bad so a change to a proper frame will help me advance a lot, but I feel the Arcade won't really help with learning more trials..?

I'm now looking at the 2014 Element 24 frame and forks. Am I right that it is exactly the same frame as the Fourplay 2012? Have they just tweaked the frame geo slightly and added 4-bolt mounts? It's this that has swayed me, disc or mags option and to me it seems it will be a bit longer than the Arcade. I know reach compensates for it but seems too small frame for me. Also its aluminium, I want a change I have been riding steel for years :wink:

Almost all parts from my DJ/Street bike will transfer over to the frame set. I'll need a load of stackers and a pretty long stem to get it as similar to my current set up as possible. I could get it all set up for a mere £500...anyone got any reasons not to buy the Element?

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Considered the Zoot they seem great frames but wanted an Inspired frame for a while so set on one of em.

The reach on the Arcade would make it feel a lot roomier than a Fourplay or Element.

Is it worth the extra £200? Surely its possible to get it similar using stem and stacker combos?

The Inspired Arcade and Console have the longest reach of any 24" streety trials frames so you'd be best going down that route really. You can always play with stem length too.

Don't worry about the trials skills, they have short chainstays so are actually pretty good on the rear, plus if you get a modern trials frame you won't actually learn how to "ride", you'll just learn how to hop which could do more harm than help.

• Like 2

Cheers Ali I'm considering it. Never really wanted pure trials bike, I have a mod that I tried a load of stem/bar combos and a few forks but never liked it. to be honest will be happy with any inspired frame! Think I'm going for the Element, my build may also be a bit lighter than the Arcade and if that's down to a compromise in strength it shouldn't be a problem for me for a few years. Could do with the extra £200 this time of year. Ordering in a week or so, time to get extra parts sorted and clean up transferrable bits.

Thanks for the replies, thought I'd get lynched for starting another inspired thread...

I too had a lot of questions about Inspired 24's.

Wish I had seen this topic or knew where more like it lived. I was undecided between a new FourPlay Pro or the Skye Pro.

Could not find any real info describing details about the machines except for the Inspired site tech specs.

I ordered a Skye Pro yesterday. None exist locally so it is a crap shot with no test ride..

The post here about the size of the bike vs the rider is my only real concern. I'm 5'10", so I guess we'll see about fit when it arrives.

Skill wise I will never use the bike to it's designed potential. As an old guy, I am more interested in using for keeping up better balance and simpler low to the ground stuff, mostly on dirt, so I don't get too busted up.

If anyone has a true concern it will be too small for me, please advise and maybe I could have them change the order for the Fourplay Pro.

PK

I'm no expert but I think you will be fine with the Skye. Unless you're doing front flips off 10ft medieval walls it may a bit overkill!

The frame set is a good deal as the Hope hubs and headset are included, or if you got the cash for a full bike then go for it.

Typical manufacturer tactics in that you can't buy the 20mm axle forks separately. I thought by now they would be available. This is the one issue I have with Inspired. Anyone know if/when they will ever be sold separately?

It's not a "typical manufacturer tactic", it's just that the demand for them is incredibly low so having a small batch of forks produced in a neutral colour (in that not everyone would really want a pair of blue forks on their other coloured bike) isn't particularly cost effective.

I'm just over 6ft and having messed around on a production Skye Pro I didn't find it particularly cramped at all. That's probably due to it having a 90mm stem whereas I run a 70mm on my own bike, but either way you should be able to customise the fit of it by playing around with the bar/stem setup (Y)