Worst production trial bikes thread...

Paperclip

The Onza T-rex ( the original one) was a pretty awful thing to look at and just as bad to ride.

I kind of like that ExPloziv thing in the middle.. obviously the b.b is abit too low but i like what theyve tried to do.. bit of inspiration from mototrials and i can sort of see a bit of the Ashton justice in there so i kinda like?

T-Raptors rode amazing with risers! Had a nice flex to them too.

Although many of these monstrosities are clearly awful to ride i kind of like them for their madness. But the (original) t-rex.. i just hated that frame. Total H.A failure

And anything with a wheelbase over 1080 i start to not like it regardless.

Edit: I ride a 26mhz.. I could probably get on with that Explosiv thing.. Where were they from~?? (A)

Edited by sharn

Yikes! I bet that was uncomfortable to ride.. not neccessarily because of the geometry more the 'standover aesthetics/subconcious knowledge of how nice your bike looks' thing that contributes to how enjoyable a bike is to ride..

I think i'd feel like the thing wants to turn me to mince meat if i mess up whilst riding that..

Certainly not my cuppa tea. Although it has gave me ideas for a portable travel bike.. :shifty:

The Onza T-rex ( the original one) was a pretty awful thing to look at and just as bad to ride.

I kind of like that ExPloziv thing in the middle.. obviously the b.b is abit too low but i like what theyve tried to do.. bit of inspiration from mototrials and i can sort of see a bit of the Ashton justice in there so i kinda like?

T-Raptors rode amazing with risers! Had a nice flex to them too.

Although many of these monstrosities are clearly awful to ride i kind of like them for their madness. But the (original) t-rex.. i just hated that frame. Total H.A failure

And anything with a wheelbase over 1080 i start to not like it regardless.

Edit: I ride a 26mhz.. I could probably get on with that Explosiv thing.. Where were they from~?? (A)

Weren't those coustellier v1 St Blaize frames the same as a T. rex? A local lad has one and I cant see the difference

Weren't those coustellier v1 St Blaize frames the same as a T. rex? A local lad has one and I cant see the difference

Ah yes, no.. i meant the first one which was the ridiculously short cock-pit 'street' frame with a head angle of a chopper which literally made you ride like a t-rex!

100_4354.jpg

I know it's not That bad looking but i just don't like them.. not even to look at. :ermm:

Although i dont *mind* Zebdi's i think it's those wedges.. coupled with the square tubed wavy stays and the ridiculous head angle.. it's just a frame i really dislike. Like when you see one being ridden you just know everything about it is wrong!

Anyway..

This did come before the Coustellier style T-rex right? I may have got muddles up here..

The old school onza Woodstock frame looks like this as well

That was also pretty ugly if i remember rightly? Really not a fan of box section wavy stays.. Aesthetically just way off for me.

And how they almost always meet into some dog-leg, horse-hoof style oversized dropout :sick:

I'm sure it's all there for added *performance* but it sure scores low in the Hubba Hubba table

Another reason i like steel.. Tidy.

Anyway, enough negativity from me >_< It's getting out and enjoying Stuntin' that counts. But i do find it helps when the bike's abit gorgeous too.. :$

Edit: Actually the production woodstock's not too eyefensive. I remember it being abit different.. Maybe it was a proto i remember seeing around way back.

Either way.. my contribution is.. Anything with wavy-box stays and dog-leg drop-outs.

Edited by sharn

Ah yes, no.. i meant the first one which was the ridiculously short cock-pit 'street' frame with a head angle of a chopper which literally made you ride like a t-rex!

100_4354.jpg

I know it's not That bad looking but i just don't like them.. not even to look at. :ermm:

Although i dont *mind* Zebdi's i think it's those wedges.. coupled with the square tubed wavy stays and the ridiculous head angle.. it's just a frame i really dislike. Like when you see one being ridden you just know everything about it is wrong!

Anyway..

This did come before the Coustellier style T-rex right? I may have got muddles up here..

I still have one of those in my shed. I kind of liked it at the time but I knew very little about bike geo and was a complete beginner and didn't make much progress on it till I switched to an 04 Echo Pure. Compared to the T-Rex the Pure felt like it was cheating things were so much easier.

I think it looks nice appart from the mini seat.

I still have one of those in my shed. I kind of liked it at the time but I knew very little about bike geo and was a complete beginner and didn't make much progress on it till I switched to an 04 Echo Pure. Compared to the T-Rex the Pure felt like it was cheating things were so much easier.

I think it looks nice appart from the mini seat.

I know it's not that bad.. but theres just something i dislike about it wherever i glance at it and also it's the geometry as much as the aesthetics. Like i always seem to know which bikes i'd like to ride by looking at them and seeing the overall geometry all at once. The t-rex is everything i wouldn't want in both terms.

But i don't doubt many people like them (Y) and i know it's not stereotypically 'ugly'.

2004 Echo Pure.. Great bike! Had one myself.. Lovely geometry

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...