1998-02 magura help (that was quick)

Herbertlemon102

Bang! And the brake is gone.

Well, kinda. More or less fine from the crash, but I've killed the cable. Luckily, it was right at the end nearest the lever, so trimming it down is not a problem. But my question is: how do you get this olive shaped thing off so I can move it onto the bit the next bit of cable? It was a pretty big cable split and oil went everywhere xD

post-37174-0-98221000-1423759510_thumb.j

Do you think I could bodge my own? All I can see it's doing is stopping the cable from being pulled out of the screw, I could give it a go

Not sure you can (easily) the top and bottom edges are designed to fold inward forming a seal and holding the cable in place

Do you think I could bodge my own? All I can see it's doing is stopping the cable from being pulled out of the screw, I could give it a go

For a quid or so I wouldn't bother.. having said that, the tinkerer in me thinks that if you heated up the cable enough to soften it the olive should easily come off. Then with the olive, using a slightly smaller drill bit than hole, roll it (rolling pin on dough action). It should relieve the collapsed edge, and make it plausibly reusable.

DISCLAIMER

Thats not advice, just an observation ;)

Edited by *gentlydoesit
  • Like 1

Stop being a cheapskate and get some new ones. Yes, you heard that right, being told not to be a cheapskate by a tight fisted Yorkshireman

I've slapped the saint back on, cheapskate or no I can't be arsed not riding while waiting for things, I'd rather tinker. £1 is out of my budget anyway ;) Edited by Herbertlemon102