Cold hands!

forteh

Checked my fingers again this evening and same story, 5-6°C colder than my palms, not just the tips but the entire of all the fingers (didn't think to check my thumbs); the wifes fingers were the same temperature as her palms. This was after being in the house for about an hour as well, not having just come in from outside.

Just checked my fingers and they're up to palm temperature now (31°C) and looking decidedly pinker than they do during the day! The front room is 21°C+ though so definitely not cold.

I'm not particularly worried about it, but it's something I would like to get sorted if I can; I was really shocked at the difference in temperature though! I'll let you know how the ginkgo goes, I love ginger and chillie as well and tend to consume as much as I can within reason :)

Glad to hear it's not too concerning to you.. I think best thing is just to impliment few things to aid the circulation and keep conscious of it - i.e prepare for it when you know youre going to be in cold enviroments etc.

I was walking up in the peaks on sunday.. we walked along the top of Lose Hill at Castleton at around 1500ft in quite a blizzard! It was a last minute thing and i wasnt able (and didnt really think i'd need) to take my 'massive ski gloves' and all i had was the gloves i had linked you to first.. the chunky wool thinsulate ones. Its was wet with very high winds and very cold along the peak, wind-chill mustve been minus 2,3 or more? Snowing and hailing and even in those conditions the gloves did very well until they were soaked through, when obviously the cold wind was able to get through and the hands did start to feel the cold at that point. However as soon as we were descending and out of the harsh wind they were relatively okay again as the water came out of the wool. Obviously its not ideal to get those type of gloves thoroughly soaked. I'ts very unlikely that i'd be riding my road bike in those conditions, and even in the rain theyre still very warm (basically until theyre soaked and it's windy/or youre traveling at speed)

Anyway.. just thought i'd share what i think is a very good deal.. Ive just ordered some of these..

Not sure how many they have in the sale but reduced from £60 to £18! I'd imagine they must be of fairly good quality with considerable material ( the double cuff looks toasty!) to be sold at that price even if some of it was for the name? Also found a nicely shaped suede leather driving glove new in a charity shop just yesterday and iv' ripped out the polyester lining.. Gna try the Pinko merino glove inside that with a fingerless padded-palm cycling over the top of it all! Hopefully will be tough/warm/breathable and comfortable cycling in mild-cold, dry-damp/wet conditions which is what most of my winter riding is done in :)

Also iv'e found those Ralph Lauren merino gloves i was on about before on sale.. theyre abit thicker than most the merino 'liners' you get. £21 aint too bad but really those Pinkos look like the best deal with the longer cuff!

Let us know how the gloves get on! For extra toasty.. I'd be tempted to get a pair of those Pinko gloves to put inside them on the very cold days! Don't find discounts like that every day :)

(Y)

Edited by sharn

Just realised those Pinko gloves are apparantly womens! :$ I bought them through that shop but via ebay (they only had one pair listed) and it didnt mention they were ladies in the title so i didnt realise till looking again on that link (which i got to by typing pinko merino glove on google and just grabbed the link) and i wouldnt of known from the design particularly. Anyway.. maybe they'll be usable because often merino gloves are 'one size'.. i'll update incase anyones actually interested in them. If theyre no good i'll send them back and get those others i think.

I'm interested to hear your experiences so let us know how the gingko biloba works out and what the Gp says (Y)

Edited by sharn

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from the doctors, he confirmed raynauds and gave us some info on it. With the summer coming I will lump it for now and possibly look at a course of medication when the weather turns cold again.

Interestingly enough caffeine can be a trigger for some people, I don't consume a huge amount but I do have a cup of tea first thing in the morning, then another when I get to work and invariably I will have cold hands. I'm test it for a week and see what happens.

I'll scan around for some general use merino gloves :)