2015 Inspired Console & Arcade (Updated: 24/4/15)

Mark W

17 minutes ago, uk24 said:

I thought that he might of wanted it to look similar to the black Bronson he rides for santa cruz and that's why its all black and got thicker tubing to make it look more uniform with his full sus.

Yea, he got thicker tubing to make it look more like a full suss bike. Nothing to do with structural integrity at all.

• Like 1

I was mainly on about the colour, but the front triangle does look very similar to the front triangle of his nomad, but maybe that is something he liked in the aesthetics and brought it over for the skye

Edited by uk24

Fabio's using a prototype Fourplay using some different bits and pieces as a potential model for the future, in the same way that he's generally been riding a proto Fourplay sprayed up in 'normal' colours since he first got on the Inspired team.  Duncan's been doing similar too.

Wouldn't say the Skye looked much like the Nomad, but either way the tubing profiles were all pretty carefully worked out by Inspired without any external influences like that.

• Like 1

I don't think so - there's no mention of one on their distribution site so I'd guess not.  I'm assuming they'll tweak the range a bit so there's still something around that price point, but we'll see.

• 5 months later...

I've seen they've released the new arcade frame kit, but no full build arcade yet? It'll be a shame if there is to be no more console in the range, although inspired do seem to have a massive range now compared to when I used to ride years ago.

• 2 months later...

If you're talking about just the frame, yes.  The jump in price on our website looks a little higher than it should have because we hadn't realised we were selling the old frame at an incorrect price (so everyone who ordered the previous kits from us got a bit of a discount), but the price of Inspired's parts/bikes in general has gone up due to the weakness of the £.  As with the other parts we import/buy, most price changes that reflect this are going up incrementally rather than in one hit, so for example our Echo bikes have gone up in price a bit and will probably go up again in future a bit too.