2015 Inspired Console & Arcade (Updated: 24/4/15)

Mark W

So how are they different then, they are both still being made in small batches by people in Taiwan and the cost difference in tubing is probably in pence rather than £100's.

Custom forge tooling for head tube vs turned bit of ally tube.

Custom forge tooling for BB yoke vs no BB yoke.

Custom forge tooling for dropouts vs off the shelf dropouts.

Custom tooling to bend the chain and seat stays vs Unsure, but unlikely to go to anything like the level of detail Inspired do.

Butted tubing vs plain tubing.

Multiple process finishing method (the red frame is actually prepped and sprayed in gold, then has red lacquer added, then the graphics, then clear lacquer) vs basic black paint.

The Inspired frame probably costs double (or more) to produce when you factor in a 'cost per item' on the tooling...

Oh, and what JD said.

Yes:

To increase strength, stiffness and tyre clearance the Fourplay uses a development of the proven forged one-piece bottom bracket and chainstay yoke found on the previous model. Excess material has been removed from this area to help reduce the weight while shortening the chainstays and maintaining the associated performance benefits.

Yet more reasons why it costs more than this to make:

large_effectframe7.jpg

• Like 1

uk24, what does a 10+ year old frame (which is actually pretty crap when you take your rose tinted specs off) have to do with anything contemporary?

My car was £450 new in 1952, i'm not gonna use that to justify when any new car is extortionately priced. Time moves on and prices increase, Ashtons would be all but level price-wise with Inspired frames today.

• 2 weeks later...

The one piece bottom bracket Inspired use on their aluminium frame should be something other companies follow on from, it sells itself. I am going to be riding something that hasn't got that and if/when I snap it I know that it will be in this area where as just having that one piece bottom bracket would at the very minimum double the life span of that frame for myself.

Pointed out by a friend but the new range of forks (if you buy individually) now come with a shorter steer tube which is a major step back seen as the Inspired forks appeal to riders for having that extra bit. Would that be something Inspired would be willing to go back to? I know I am not the only rider running over 200mm

That's just the Fourplay fork - the Arcade forks are still 235mm if you buy them aftermarket. Because of the new steerer on the Fourplay forks I'm not sure if they have the same ability to make multiple lengths of steerer tube so I'd imagine they'll only be in complete bike spec length.

That's just the Fourplay fork - the Arcade forks are still 235mm if you buy them aftermarket. Because of the new steerer on the Fourplay forks I'm not sure if they have the same ability to make multiple lengths of steerer tube so I'd imagine they'll only be in complete bike spec length.

They're going to continue to make the element forks also? Having that choice is better.

I would assume so - I think either the Element or a similar level/spec fork will be fitted to the lower end bikes in the range, so that could potentially end up being an aftermarket fork. I don't really know too much about what their range plan is for the future though so we'll see...

No you aren't? Sweet month-delay zinger too.

In related Console news, the Console Fuse has been launched - it features the same frame, fork and wheelset but with the Fuse finishing kit, making it much more affordable than the standard

Console.

• 9 months later...

I don't mind the colour to be honest, one thing I wish they did though was produce the console and arcade without graphics and include a sticker set for people who choose if and where they would want to put them. I think steel skinny tubed steel frames be it dirt jump or trials look so much cleaner without any graphics.