• Lib Dems
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • Monster Raving Loony Party
    • SNP
    • Other
    • Rather not say
    • No option for those not voting or too young

I'm going green I think. Don't really care too much / know to much about it but they are the ones supposedly investing in renewable energy which = good for business.

Lib Dems do want to keep coast paths free and increase 'right to roam' which is good though. I also have to vote for central Devon and my village parish. So many decisions, so little care.

As always, it's the best of a bad bunch in many respects. Voted Tories for a combination of personal and wider reasons, though there are a few other parties that wouldn't be a terrible shame if they were to get in. So long as Miliband doesn't get the train set things shouldn't be toooooo bad, right?! :P

• Like 1

I'm not rich enough to vote Tory.

I'm not enough of a c*nt to vote UKIP.

I'd rather not vote Labour, but may do just to keep the first two out.

I'd like to vote Green, but they do have some f**king mental ideas and don't stand a chance of winning.

Strategic "Keep out ToryKIP" Labour vote for me I think.

• Like 1

I'm not rich enough to vote Tory.

I'm not enough of a c*nt to vote UKIP.

I'd rather not vote Labour, but may do just to keep the first two out.

I'd like to vote Green, but they do have some f**king mental ideas and don't stand a chance of winning.

Strategic "Keep out ToryKIP" Labour vote for me I think.

Exactly this.

I'm absolutely amazed that Conservative would be leading the Trials-Forum poll, surely nobody in good conscience could vote that lying twat back in?! He's completely f**ked everything up and made up figures to hide it!

Record employment figures - if you count zero hour contracts, mandatory voluntary work and 2 years longer in education!

Pledging to invest more into the NHS, that is on its arse and for sale thanks to Conservative.

Higher basic income tax band equating to £400 a year paid for by punishing people on benefits (whilst I'm not pro dole dosser, it isn't just scumbags on benefits like they would have you believe) whilst minimum wage stays below the cost of living and people are forced to take jobs with no hours. This is what he sells as "rewarding hard work", horse shit.

They're allowing fracking near enough anywhere.

They continue to allow the richest people in the country to avoid paying any tax.

University costs are mental.

Go and do some reading, please, for the good of the country, Cameron is a f**king crook! I'm not particularly pro any party, they're all as bad as each other but for goodness sake if you have a brain don't vote Conservative!

Both Labour and Conservatives campaigns seem to hinge on slagging each other off, but there is literally zero substance in Cameron's lies. He took on a country in a poor financial state, (which was due to a GLOBAL crash, this was not Labours doing) and made it worse, the UK is in more debt now than when they started, fantastic!

Also reducing fuel costs leading up to an election was a very nice touch, enjoy that while it lasts!

I'm pretty mad at myself really, I had no idea you could vote online so assumed I couldn't vote from the other side of the world, it is now too late, hence spending time persuading people not to vote Tory.

Or UKIP, seriously if you even have the slightest inclination to vote UKIP you are an idiot, it's as plain as that, no explanation required.

If your entire basis for placing your vote is not liking the leaders face, you are also an idiot.

And lastly (promise) Rainbird, funny you should use the train set quip, the last time Tory got hold of the actual train set they sold the lot, which is why train prices are absolutely ludicrous!

And breathe :P

Edited by Jolfa
  • Like 2

Exactly this.

I'm absolutely amazed that Conservative would be leading the Trials-Forum poll, surely nobody in good conscience could vote that lying twat back in?! He's completely f**ked everything up and made up figures to hide it!

Record employment figures - if you count zero hour contracts, mandatory voluntary work and 2 years longer in education!

Pledging to invest more into the NHS, that is on its arse and for sale thanks to Conservative.

Higher basic income tax band equating to £400 a year paid for by punishing people on benefits (whilst I'm not pro dole dosser, it isn't just scumbags on benefits like they would have you believe) whilst minimum wage stays below the cost of living and people are forced to take jobs with no hours. This is what he sells as "rewarding hard work", horse shit.

They're allowing fracking near enough anywhere.

They continue to allow the richest people in the country to avoid paying any tax.

University costs are mental.

Go and do some reading, please, for the good of the country, Cameron is a f**king crook! I'm not particularly pro any party, they're all as bad as each other but for goodness sake if you have a brain don't vote Conservative!

Both Labour and Conservatives campaigns seem to hinge on slagging each other off, but there is literally zero substance in Cameron's lies. He took on a country in a poor financial state, (which was due to a GLOBAL crash, this was not Labours doing) and made it worse, the UK is in more debt now than when they started, fantastic!

Also reducing fuel costs leading up to an election was a very nice touch, enjoy that while it lasts!

I'm pretty mad at myself really, I had no idea you could vote online so assumed I couldn't vote from the other side of the world, it is now too late, hence spending time persuading people not to vote Tory.

Or UKIP, seriously if you even have the slightest inclination to vote UKIP you are an idiot, it's as plain as that, no explanation required.

If your entire basis for placing your vote is not liking the leaders face, you are also an idiot.

And lastly (promise) Rainbird, funny you should use the train set quip, the last time Tory got hold of the actual train set they sold the lot, which is why train prices are absolutely ludicrous!

And breathe :P

Exactly this.

On the train set thing though, that was making hundreds of millions for taxpayer's that shit HAD to go! to be honest I'm not sure what this country will still own if the tories get another 5 years.

Will be voting Green myself.

If UKIP could shake off the perceived racism associated with voting for them, I'd be far closer to doing so. A lot of their policies actually appeal to me, it's just that Nigel Farage is a prat and there's still some people in the party who should really be in the BNP (who can go f**k themselves).

I get a little offended by the insinuation that makes me an idiot, but then again people have been seriously mentioning the Green party in here who want to turn all our military bases into nature reserves, so I guess everyone is entitled to their own definition of idiot.

• Like 2

Oh I also did a very politician-like U-turn and voted lib dem, because I did a little more reading after I voted here and decided the lib dems actually have some good rural affairs ideas and so that swayed it.

• Like 1

If UKIP could shake off the perceived racism associated with voting for them, I'd be far closer to doing so.

Thing is, takes virtually nothing these days for the sensitive British public to declare something racist, and then look no further for themselves at the real policies.

• Like 2

Thing is, takes virtually nothing these days for the sensitive British public to declare something racist, and then look no further for themselves at the real policies.

Works the other way too, racist folk perceive them as racist, so support them just because of the immigration policies.

Couple of people on my Facebook friends list support leaving the EU and are anti-immigration, so support UKIP through and through - they can't tell me much else about UKIP though.

• Like 1

The issue I see with UKIP is that it seems to be riddled with f**ktards who actually are bigoted, narrow minded racists (probably a small minority but a minority that is definitely present and are great at being filmed by journalists being just that) and is also fronted by a rubber faced numpty who looks like a spitting image caricature of himself mixed with Del Boy. Regardless of how much sense may or may not be in their manifesto they're going to be hard pushed to ever get over that stigma while leading candidates are filmed calling people tinky tonks or threatening to put a bullet between the eyes of an Indian Tory candidate if he ever became PM. There's just something fundamentally wrong deep down in that party.

• Like 3

It seems Dave pipped me to that particular post - even assuming you overlooked their relatively flimsy manifesto, there are just so many issues bubbling away under the surface that it would never be viable. Farage keeps going on about how it's "just a few bad apples", but none of the other party have the same ratio of "bad apples" who come out with some f**king appalling things. I don't even mean that in a "think of the children" ultra-PC way, just "How the f**k can someone still think like that?" kinda ways. They also appear to be completely incapable of holding their own in any form of debate (Farage saying that he came out with that foreigner-HIV bullshit specifically to get a reaction which smacks of him needing to do something to deflect the lack of traction he had in any other area), or when challenged about anything - see Godfrey Bloom (?) hitting that reporter with a leaflet whilst spewing bullshit at him.

Something I don't get about people saying they wouldn't vote for Miliband because of his personality - have you seen who we've had in Number 10 for the past 5 years? The one who made a pre-election contract and said that we could kick him out in 5 years if he failed to deliver, but then, having failed on all fronts, deleted all mention of it from the Conservative online presence? The one who's repeatedly looked like a dick in international circles such as when he was desperately pushing to take us to war in 2013 and was only made to drop that after he was out-voted in the House of Commons? What about his Chancellor George Osborne who's proven to be almost completely economically illiterate, and based all his austerity measures on research that proved to be substantially flawed (the authors of which stated that they were incorrect)? Who's policies have been internationally derided? Who appointed an unqualified economics advisor who said that 'debt' and 'deficit' were the same thing (despite that being a central plank of Osborne's push to make ever more cuts?)? Or Iain Duncan Smith who had to retrospectively change the law to make his policies magically become legal again after being ruled illegal by the High Court? Or Jeremy Hunt who did the same thing? Or Stephen Dorrell who's publicly admitted he shouldn't maintain his position due to huge conflict of interest, but is running down the clock so he can claim a full government pension?

I did the voteforpolicies.co.uk thing and came out as 80% Green, 20% Lib Dem. The tricky decision for me is that my home-town is a reasonably strong Lib Dem seat with the only real threat being the Conservatives, and absolutely f**k those c**ts and any chance they have of continuing to f**k things up. The Green candidate is really sound though, and would be the one I'd normally want to vote for, but if I vote Green and the Lib Dems end up losing that seat to the Tories then it'd feel like I'd wasted that vote. If the Lib Dems do stay in but prove to be as essentially worthless as they have been for the past 5 years as the "central mediator" that they're trying to portray themselves as then it'd feel like I'd wasted that vote in any case. Such are the joys of FPTP I guess - hopefully they'll hold a referendum between FPTP and PR rather than the have system shit they tried before. The Lib Dems say they'd push for that but again, they also said they'd avoid raising tuition fees yet Nick Clegg personally voted to increase them...

• Like 2

If the amount of people who said "I would vote Green, but they don't have a chance" actually voted Green, they'd get an overwhelming majority. I will make no observations on whether that's a good or bad thing, being as the fact I said that Farage was a prat and there were some BNP worthy members in UKIP got completely ignored and ranted at anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by JDâ„¢

Works the other way too, racist folk perceive them as racist, so support them just because of the immigration policies.

Couple of people on my Facebook friends list support leaving the EU and are anti-immigration, so support UKIP through and through - they can't tell me much else about UKIP though.

Whats wrong with them voting for a party because of one policy they agree with? N.Wood voted Lib Dem because of their rural affairs ideas. I dont see any questioning and finger wagging in his direction...

Oh I also did a very politician-like U-turn and voted lib dem, because I did a little more reading after I voted here and decided the lib dems actually have some good rural affairs ideas and so that swayed it.

I voted green, and I live in one of the greens targeted areas, so they stand a decent chance. Anything to get rid of the total f**king retard Stephen Williams (lib dem).

I don't have a problem with the greens wacky ideas, as although they are wacky they are long term goals rather than vote snatching short term fixes. Generally they seem to just want a fair sustainable future, which would be nice.