• Lib Dems
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • Monster Raving Loony Party
    • SNP
    • Other
    • Rather not say
    • No option for those not voting or too young

I read a statistic earlier that of a 70,000 people survey (not sure where they actually held it), over 50% were 18-25 and nearly all of those were students.

If someone campaigned saying they were going to invest in science, research and innovation and anything that provided graduate jobs, whilst also not being retarded with their other policies I'm sure they would be up there with the main parties.

All I can see in Green's policies is "invest a f**k ton of money futureproofing everything and make everyone better off while we do it!" which is awesome but very little on how they plan to fund it...

Whats wrong with them voting for a party because of one policy they agree with? N.Wood voted Lib Dem because of their rural affairs ideas. I dont see any questioning and finger wagging in his direction...

The problem, for me, is that voting because "I don't like immigration" doesn't seem sensible. There's a whole shit ton more to running a country than limiting the number of Romanians landing on our shores.

One thing I've noticed is that marketing works. So many people are voting based on the worthless leaflets they read. Before voting, look at the history of a party, not what they "promise" to do for us. The Tories are being all nice to earn our vote, then they're gonna continue to f**k us over once they get in. I don't get how the Tories appeal to the average person, I really don't.

• Like 2

as an "un minded I know it all" (stereotypical :P ) teenager ill happily agree UKIP have it messed up. although most people my age will all say to get rid of immigrants, they'll still agree UKIP is a piece of w*nk!

Anyway, I'm too young to have any say so ill let you guys carry on! :P

I don't get how the Tories appeal to the average person, I really don't.

average person = angry, possibly violent, and many more un-likeable qualities? realistically that's the way i see the whole "UKIP community"

as an "un minded I know it all" (stereotypical :P ) teenager ill happily agree UKIP have it messed up. although most people my age will all say to get rid of immigrants, they'll still agree UKIP is a piece of w*nk!

You're right, I think most young people acknowledge that maybe there is a problem with immigration in this country and there needs to be tighter fringes dictating who can come here with which qualifications, but ultimately theres many bigger things that need doing before immigration even becomes relevant.

A huge number of people come here for our free healthcare, the way we are going people won't want to because the NHS has been more and more pressured over the last few years with very little funding to accommodate those pressures.

To base an entire party on their collective hate for immigrants is absurd, UKIP have such an unjustified following.

• Like 1

What about all that 35 hour working week bollocks? bunch of dreamers....

Some nice ideas, but f**k all in the way of solid plans for how they'll implement them.

Just to clarify, I vote green because I think it's important that the people actually running the country realise how important sustainability is, and that people care. Basically for some balance. I wouldn't want them in charge of everything.

I didn't. Too be honest, I just don't pay enough attention to know exactly who stands for what. I don't watch the news, I don't read newspapers and I don't look at the politics on the internet. I was going to read up about it all in the last few weeks but I never found the time. So instead of doing eenie meenie miney mo, I just sat this one out.

Because now they'll just be pushing and pushing for another f**king devolution referendum and trying their best to screw things up for you.

Home rule is something that the SNP will always be aiming for as it's the core of the party. Unlike the other parties who don't seem to have a core at all apart from lining their pockets and the pockets of their friends.

Home rule is their last point in their manifesto, right now after last years referendum it is not a massive priority. Maybe in another 5-10 years.

Since 2007 the SNPs haven't really screwed anything up in Scotland, I don't expect that to change now they have a significant number of seats in Westminster. They 'promise' they will do their best for Scotland, that's why Scotland have voted for them nothing scary about democracy.

Edited by AndrewEH1

I didn't register to vote so I've missed out this time, not that I would know who to vote for. I also avoid the news, don't read newspapers or keep up to date on any politics, I had to ask who was prime minister and which party he was with twice today.

Exit polls show Conservatives with most seats but still hung.

Conservatives: 316

Labour: 239

Lib Dems: 10

UKIP: 2

SNP: 58

Others: 25

That is awful news.

I cannot begin to imagine why the hell anyone would vote conservative based on the current shambles unless you are very rich or very stupid and get all of your information from The Sun/Mail.

I was really hoping to come home to an NHS in a couple of years :(

If the amount of people who said "I would vote Green, but they don't have a chance" actually voted Green, they'd get an overwhelming majority.

No they wouldn't, simply because of how the system works. To give you an of how rigged it is, if it hypothetically was a 30/30/30/10 split between Lab/Con/Green/Lib Dem, Labour would get just over 336 seats, Conservatives 246, the Greens would get 29 and the Lib Dems 39. That's why the main parties refuse to run a proper referendum for electoral reform because it would mean the "other" parties would get a fair slice of the pie. It's also why there's such a level of resignation amongst people voting for smaller parties because even by polling bigger numbers than a "main" party they'd still end up being woefully under represented.

I did vote Green in case you were wondering ;) Just found out that seat went Tory after a 17.8% drop for the Lib Dem candidate. At least the vote I essentially pissed up the wall would have remained pissed regardless.

Going back to what I mentioned about Tory austerity before: http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/04/economic-consequences-george-osborne-covering-austerity-mistake

Also found out today they gave 300 public schools to unaccountable organisations owned by Tory donors for free.

Maybe that was the vote swinger for them? Or maybe asset-stripping the NHS? Who can forget their policies leading to an unprecedented use of food banks, but then turning down millions of free EU funding for food banks because to accept it would be to show their economic plan for recovery wasn't working? So many to choose from...

I think I'm more surprised that even the Trials-Forum poll came out with Conservative on top.

I was kinda hoping to come back from England and be able to get financial support while I get back into a job and think about having kids with help from the NHS, neither of those are looking too good. Bravo Great Britain, really great work.