• Lib Dems
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • Monster Raving Loony Party
    • SNP
    • Other
    • Rather not say
    • No option for those not voting or too young

Why do you think the nhs will no longer exist?

I don't, but as long as they're opening it up to private buyers, the quality of care will go down considerably (as it already is) as said companies skim off more and more profit by reducing costs and not actually spending tax money where it's needed.

I don't think benefits are going to disappear either but they'll make it increasingly difficult to be eligible for any.

I think I'm more surprised that even the Trials-Forum poll came out with Conservative on top.

I was kinda hoping to come back from England and be able to get financial support while I get back into a job and think about having kids with help from the NHS, neither of those are looking too good. Bravo Great Britain, really great work.

You don't need the nhs to have kids ;)

• Like 1

Good. There are too many people claiming benefits they don't deserve whilst others work every hour under the sun to try and make something of their lives.

That's not to say there arnt an equal number of people wholly entitled to benefits of some kind, there most definitely are. But as a culture we give away far too much for free to those who don't deserve it.

• Like 2

It unfortunately goes hand in hand with their fantasy employment figures they've come up with, there are nowhere near enough jobs to go around and the jobs they've allegedly created don't pay anywhere near enough to live on if anything at all.

I agree that something needs to be done about scumbags who have never worked a day in their lives, but I don't think cutting/stopping benefits for everyone (especially on some of the sanctions they've enforced - it's mental) is the way to go about it.

You don't need the nhs to have kids ;)

I think it would be a wholly more comfortable experience with medical aid though....

Some strong feelings going on... Considering they're all as bad as each other and it makes bugger all difference who's officially in power I really don't see why it matters. I voted Conservative but expected this outcome so can't complain if things go tits up over the next few years.

• Like 2

Voted lib dems...that went well.

On the subject of the benefits system, the conservatives aren't fixing it, they're sort of bandaging it in the wrong way. Plenty of people like my mum should be getting benefits (she's got chronic fatigue), but instead she has to work and push herself to the limit every day. Not cool.

Based on how the last few years have gone, I don't know why anyone voted them back in.

I haven't seen anything go majorly wrong to be fair. Considering the way the finances are/have been (in terms of this 'deficit' pants- not pointing blame) they seem to have been going in the right direction in general, probably with the major exception of the NHS. Having said that there's no way they'll get rid off the NHS and I imagine things will keep going as they always have done regardless.

• Like 1

Did you vote from the other side of the world?

Unfortunately not, I had no idea proxy voting was a thing until it was way too late, so pissed off at myself.

Considering they're all as bad as each other and it makes bugger all difference who's officially in power I really don't see why it matters. I voted Conservative

Did you do any reading/watch any videos/TV that was unbiased whatsoever?! Conservative have royally f**ked up their entire term, lied about it all, covered it all up with fantasy figures and propaganda and people like you have voted them in again so they can carry on f**king shit up for everyone but the super rich. Of course it makes a difference ffs!!!!!

Unfortunately not, I had no idea proxy voting was a thing until it was way too late, so pissed off at myself.

Sad story. Educated on all the ways the Tories have f**ked up, and will continue to f**k up, but not on how to vote to change that while galavanting around the world.

Didn't vote, can't whinge.

Personally, I voted Tory. I also enjoy the fact that under this 'more fair' system everyone wants, we'd be 12% ruled by UKIP and only under 4% by the Green Party.

Still, what does it matter? Don't like it, move. Don't want to move, make the best of it that you can. Either way, less whinging all round will be better for everyone.

• Like 1

Sad story. Educated on all the ways the Tories have f**ked up, and will continue to f**k up, but not on how to vote to change that while galavanting around the world.

It's the least I could do under the circumstances, can't teach stupid though it seems :(

Did you do any reading/watch any videos/TV that was unbiased whatsoever?! Conservative have royally f**ked up their entire term, lied about it all, covered it all up with fantasy figures and propaganda and people like you have voted them in again so they can carry on f**king shit up for everyone but the super rich. Of course it makes a difference ffs!!!!!

I quite like watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine which I think is fairly unbiased. Can't see how they've royally f**ked anything up. At least no more than Labour or anyone else would've done.

From a personal point of view they've introduced more money to where I work aiding development of what we do and haven't done anything stupid in terms of research grant funding. I've had two kids and the wife's had minor surgery while they've been in 'power' and all times we've used NHS all the way through and had zero issues. My two year old broke his collarbone a couple of months back and we were seen, x-rayed and out of the hospital (on a Friday evening) within an hour. Nothing f**ked up there. Tax/NI and general money wise I'm no worse off than before and in fact am probably better off due to the way the tax-free allowance has increased. Nothing f**ked up there. Road tax has increased slightly year on year as it always has done as has fuel price. Nothing f**ked up there. Only thing that pisses me off is this HS2 shite and the massive waste of money that is planned to be thrown away on our pile of wank rail service (sorry Dave/isitafox) but then that (I think) is a continuation of something started while Labour were doing their thang.

Nearly there... 6 to go! :D

EDIT: I vote mainly for tax reasons/property policies.

Jolf: You shouldn't rely on the government to support you coming back from travelling etc - that's just pure stupidity. You should take that into account before you leave and have funds to get going for when you return. Creating wealth is easy if you teach yourself how.

Edited by shercofray

Trust me HS2 is nothing, at least there's potential that if they're building it from scratch it might work, might...

As for voting I went tory mainly based on the countryside and tax issues the latter which I should really benefit from.

To be honest you can read into all the parties policies to decide where to vote but what they actually do after election isn't always the same. I never vote and never complain who wins as they are all as bad as each other. I would vote if borris was running just to hear rapscallions more often.

• Like 1

To be honest you can read into all the parties policies to decide where to vote but what they actually do after election isn't always the same. I never vote and never complain who wins as they are all as bad as each other.

Agreed. Can't trust any of them.

I only think the Conservatives have won cos Cameron is marginally less of a spastic than Milliband, Lib Dems didn't get any coverage pre-election and nobody actually wanted UKIP (they just like the idea) - so people voted tactically. We've got the best of a bad bunch...

• Like 1

Agreed. Can't trust any of them.

I only think the Conservatives have won cos Cameron is marginally less of a spastic than Milliband, Lib Dems didn't get any coverage pre-election and nobody actually wanted UKIP (they just like the idea) - so people voted tactically. We've got the best of a bad bunch...

Unfortunately I think that's all you can hope for with a modern government. Nobody is looking long term with their policies, it's all about vote grabbing with short term headline promises. Which is a shame, but hey ho.

Aardman animation will be upset that their plan for world domination failed though.

• Like 3