Any Project Cars Players? (PC)

weirdoku

Was considering picking up a copy to play on evenings where I'm on base with nothing else to do. If they sort the Internet connection out (there is currently none.. .) then I'll get on it :)

When you do get it, get it from here as a Steam Key purchase, £23! http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/project-cars-pc-cd-key-steam

Is it a system hog?

My PC runs GTA 5 OK but I seem to recall this one needs a bit more grunt?

If you can run GTA 5 Ok, you can run this OK. Just lower whatever settings you need to get it playable without too much compromises.

• Like 1

Pretty dedicated if you wanted to build a system for it!

When money allows I'm be setting up a proper seat and steering wheel for this. Playing it with a shitty xbox controller is okay but it just doesn't beat a proper steering wheel.

Pretty dedicated if you wanted to build a system for it!

When money allows I'm be setting up a proper seat and steering wheel for this. Playing it with a shitty xbox controller is okay but it just doesn't beat a proper steering wheel.

The G25 is the machine you want for this, my cousin had one with a full racing seat and setup and it was HOURS of fun.

The G25 is the machine you want for this, my cousin had one with a full racing seat and setup and it was HOURS of fun.

I'm getting the G27!

So far I've put about 10 hours in, about 8 online. Controller just doesn't work well if you want top spot.

• 2 weeks later...

I could never run an entire system off one single SSD. I have a 128gb SSD with windows and GTA V on it, then a 750gb hard drive where all the other games and programs go then a third 250GB drive for just music.

I had a 128gg SSD and 1tb HDD but didn't bother putting the HDD back in when I built my new computer because it's full of stuff I don't need, and I want all SSD storage in this build so it's just temporary until I order a ccouple of Samsung 850 Evo 500gb SSDs. Gonna run them in RAID 0, so hopefully should be quick enough. At the moment this single 128gb is the bottleneck in my system as it's limited by SATA3.

I had a 128gg SSD and 1tb HDD but didn't bother putting the HDD back in when I built my new computer because it's full of stuff I don't need, and I want all SSD storage in this build so it's just temporary until I order a ccouple of Samsung 850 Evo 500gb SSDs. Gonna run them in RAID 0, so hopefully should be quick enough. At the moment this single 128gb is the bottleneck in my system as it's limited by SATA3.

You're making me blush. My home rig is bottlenecked by the fact my Windows drive is running on an IDE->Sata connector

• Like 1

You're making me blush. My home rig is bottlenecked by the fact my Windows drive is running on an IDE->Sata connector

Nice! Tis true though, SATA3 limits SSDs to around 550mbps reads. M2 drives are too expensive for what they are IMO, and although SATA Express exists as a standard (my new motherboard has 2 ports), the drives don't appear to exist yet.

Realistically the only option is multiple SATA3 SSDs in RAID 0 for me. Starting with 2, but may add more later.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing this thread a bit late as I didn't really expect to see it here at all :P

I still play the game occasionally although not very ragularly at the moment.

If you want some good multiplayer racing I can recommend you the TGC. Had some great races with them in the past few years. :)

You also can add me on steam if you like. http://steamcommunity.com/id/RacingTopsy/

Loosely related to this, but I just discovered the latest update for Live For Speed and have been enjoying ripping around the new Westhill environment. The karting tracks they've got are pretty fun - it was hectic with a 10-person grid but I'd imagine maxed out it'd get heated:

RyRmU0s.jpg

That said, the big boy car on the big boy track is good too:

4qzlciz.jpg

I'd like to get a wheel setup to play the whole game properly as the keyboard's pretty limiting, but I have a feeling I'd never leave the house again.

• Like 1