Go Pro hero 3+ help

TrialsIsHard

Hi guys,

I've found a go pro hero 3+ on the beach, and want to know if because it's wifi enabled I can video myself and try to make contact with the owner.

So does the 'wifi enabled' function allow the camera to upload using my wifi to wherever the owner is backing it up to?

I know some of you have these and as always TF is the best place to ask!

Thanks

Unfortunately you will need the owner's WiFi password to use the WiFi functionality of the camera, and even then the camera can't upload / backup to the web from this :(

The only thing I could think of would be to walk up and down the beach asking if anyone has left a GoPro - the way to tell it's theirs is that they will be able to connect to it from their phone / tablet and control it.

Unfortunately I'm no longer on the beach so it isn't an option.

Would I be right in saying that the 'wifi enabled' feature is purely to use wifi remotes to begin recording? I've looked at what's on the memory card and there's a few photos of a kid on a body board, I'd recognise them but chances are they have gone home after a weekend at the beach.

Unfortunately I'm no longer on the beach so it isn't an option.

Would I be right in saying that the 'wifi enabled' feature is purely to use wifi remotes to begin recording? I've looked at what's on the memory card and there's a few photos of a kid on a body board, I'd recognise them but chances are they have gone home after a weekend at the beach.

Paedo! :dance:

Yeah, WiFi enabled is just for the remote or mobile / tablet app to control the camera with.

• Like 1

Unfortunately you will need the owner's WiFi password to use the WiFi functionality of the camera

Or reset it online, still no use in the finding an owner department though.

I'd just keep it personally, finders keepers n'all that.