Ali C, Ian Johnstone, cats, coffees, cars, etc...

Mark W

Will it embed? Let's find out...

http://issuu.com/cleanzine/docs/clean_-_travel

In the first half of the year I got to do a bunch of shit. I put all the photos together, wrote some text, and here we are.

This covers the Ali C Barca trip, Ian and I hitting up Rotterdam, and what I'd consider to be an interesting interview with my brother about New Zealand, including him being out surfing when a f**king massive earthquake struck.

If anyone's got any feedback beyond "tl;dr" fire away. Still no idea what I'm doing with these so it'd be useful to see what people think.

EDIT: So yeah, totally didn't upload. Here are a few tasters:

6uO3sde.jpg

iC4qRIP.jpg

hbydYFr.jpg

jpcRw6F.jpg

lO8r8EL.jpg

gO46Hy6.jpg

• Like 9

All kickers have a sweet spot, you just have to find it :P A good example is the one Ian does the tree-bonk out of in the Netherlands bit. There was one particular spot which let you boost it, whereas the rest of it was fairly dogshit.

Out of interest, is Issuu running smoothly for all you people who've used it so far? Someone mentioned it was slow/laggy for them...

Out of interest, is Issuu running smoothly for all you people who've used it so far? Someone mentioned it was slow/laggy for them...

It's a bit turd on something without much processing power, seems to be quite 'intensive', but fine on this PC (Y)

Are you seriously trying to tell me your Echo is anywhere near as good/fun at the bits between spots as your "streetier" bike is? ;)

I somehow don't really see someone getting that kind of height out of a modern trials bike...

Are you seriously trying to tell me your Echo is anywhere near as good/fun at the bits between spots as your "streetier" bike is? ;)

I somehow don't really see someone getting that kind of height out of a modern trials bike...

But would he have gone higher on a BMX?

I'll have to remember to never make throwaway comments at the end of posts again if they're going to get taken completely out of context like this...

But would he have gone higher on a BMX?

In the case of Ali probably not, but that's not the point - the actual point I was making, that's been fully taken out of context here, was about versatility of bikes. Even if he could have gone higher on a BMX, could he have hooked that wall near the end on one?

I even got to directly see the differences between the two types of bikes in those very streets. When I went over with Ian and his friends, there was a split of people on 'proper' trials bikes and on 24s. We covered some pretty long distances, and the riders on streety bikes had very little issues with it whereas on the other bikes it looked like ball ache. On one of the rides we did, once we got to the furthest point from the apartment most of the group decided to get the train home. The people who didn't were people on streetier style bikes. Do you think that's a coincidence or could it be that low pressure/high rolling resistance tyres, aggressive geometry and spinny gearing isn't really that great for riding from A to B in either a functional or enjoyable way?