Board Upgrade

Is there anything that can be done about embedding videos, I understand that you have to copy and paste the link, instead of drag and drop just like the old version, but it seems you have to be in a certain place on the post you are writing, and have to right click, paste, then hit enter to get the vid to embed; Ctrl V then enter does not work, simply pasting the link does not embed via either way, and then to top it off twice out of the 3 times i tried the vid doesn't embed regardless of what trick I do.

Also is there a way of resizing images pasted into posts as well, I need to stop stuff from google images being massive on the page.

Cheers. 

Yep, for a little while a few days ago.

While I'm here, couple of suggestions which are completely pedantic but would be improvements if you can be bothered.

• The right hand sidebar on the main page has dropped again.
  • On mobile, I think clicking the title of the thread should take you to last unread rather than first page of the thread. I know you can use the dot or star next to the title, but sometimes this means accidentally clicking through to the authors profile instead. Small annoyance.
  • Embedding seems to be pretty hit and miss.

4 hours ago, jeff costello said:

why don't you remove likes and new memberships and changed profile pics etc. from the standard activity stream? it's just annoying (also exclude posts in the car thread)

You kinda have a point, but then the activity stream would do pretty much what the New Content function does. Therefore, don't bother with the activity stream, just go straight to the New Content button.

34 minutes ago, Pete.M said:

You kinda have a point, but then the activity stream would do pretty much what the New Content function does. Therefore, don't bother with the activity stream, just go straight to the New Content button.

at the bottom of the forums page? i guess that would work.

i'm just complaining because i only log in to post or check the sales forum and mostly read without logging in. and i really liked the old "new posts" button which just showed the last 24 hours- no questions asked.

Edited by jeff costello

• 7 months later...