Bargain Full Sus Assistance

MadManMike

Hello all!

So I bought my Cube hard tail back in March and although it's been a good bike, I do feel like it's time to get some rear bouncy action.

I'll start by highlighting one major point - I'll be buying from Tredz, because they operate £0 deposit 0% finance. This will allow me to sell my Cube and spend that money on some upgrades, DMR V12's etc...

Also, my highest budget is £1,600. Preferably less, but I'm happy to spend that if it gets me something much better. Here's a couple that have caught my attention:

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Mondraker-Factor-Mountain-Bike-2016-Full-Suspension-MTB_82703.htm

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Rocky-Mountain-Thunderbolt-730-Mountain-Bike-2015-Full-Suspension-MTB_74519.htm

Any thoughts on those?

Obviously they're lower spec than a lot of the stuff posted on this forum, but I really can't afford / justify £4k on a bike. The RM is a little cheaper than the Mon, which shows in the spec, but I'm not sure whether the Mon is worth the extra...

Any assistance appreciated!

Cheers :) 

I would say the RM from instant look at the spec :)

edit: looking into it further, I would definitely go with the RM, the spec is higher (full shimano groupset as opposed to a mix an match), better fork, better brakes and shimano hubs are generally a good call.  With the mondraker I think you're paying a premium for the frame with cheaper components hanging off it, perhaps a better upgrade path for the future but imho the RM is a better, more rounded package.

Edited by forteh

How about an on one codeine? The spec is awesome for the money with pikes being a big stand out on them. They do 0% finance too and are meant to ride great. I know a few guys that have had them and work for the company and say they are great riding bikes. I'm not going to lie, they both cracked them but they just get replaced with new frames when it happens and they're both riders who have raced as high as World Cup level before.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOCODX9/on-one-codeine-29-sram-x9-mountain-bike

Foxy - yep looked on there, the deals are pretty good but all the ones I like aren't in stock in my size unfortunately.

Dunc - the Codeine looks good, the £2.5k one looks amazing too. I'll consider that an option, but I'm swaying more towards 27.5's rather than 29 as they seem to be a bit big on the corners. Perhaps it's my technique / ability, but I don't seem to be able to throw the 29 round corners very easily.