Where to ride..? North West..?

Shutt

Hi, sorry if this has been posted previously - Me and the boy (6) are looking for somewhere to practice in he North West of England- All the sites I used as a child have been closed down...!

I see Cown is still open however I like to have a few options, I can travel anywhere in the Dales or North west within reason - Ideally near Skipton..?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Thanks for the response, had a look and they offer scheduled practice days..? - I used to use Flappits and Shooters where you just turned up - has the local councils really allowed local places to be banned from riding with out a club or organised practice..

Don't know 'Shooters' but the Flappits closed down years ago.  Harden Moor is public land, you can ride on there without it being an organised event.  You're not supposed to ride a bike on Shipley Glen without it being an organised event (but I know people do).  Lee Mill Quarry over Rochdale way is probably still open, possibly also Back Cowm, but not been that way for a few years so not sure.  Addingham Moorside is a definite no unless it's an organised event. 

Why not enter him at Harden on 15th November, there's loads in the beginner class nowadays, let him have a ride (free membership for first timers) and have a chat with the other parents, see where they all go to practice.