Inspired Skye Team V3

Mark W

This bike is pretty cool...

large_inspiredskyev32.jpg

large_inspiredskyev33.jpg

large_inspiredskyev34.jpg

This is the same frame that people have noticed Danny's been riding for the past year or so.  The new frame & fork have been re-designed from the ground up - they don't share a single component/part from the last generation.  The front triangle is the most noticeable difference, but it's also now got a pretty sweet 2-piece BB yoke, completely new rear dropouts and a nifty head tube setup.

large_inspiredskyev37.jpg

The disc mount is now incorporated into the dropout itself, and consequently no longer needs the bracing bar.  As with the Hex, this has been extensively tested and Danny's yet to break one of these frames anywhere, let alone on the disc mount.

large_inspiredskyev38.jpg

The BB-yoke is made from two CNC-machined sections that are then welded together along the centreline of the bike.  A new way of doing it, but it's allowed them to create a lighter BB yoke that's just as strong as before.

large_inspiredskyev310.jpg

They're also available with the Inspired Integrated Hope bashring which looks pretty sweet.

large_inspiredskyev313.jpg

The rear of the head tube is machined square meaning a better contact/weld area, so therefore more strength too.

large_inspiredskyev316.jpg

The forks use new leg profiles and also have their CNC-machined dropouts attached in a slightly different way to before.  There are no longer threads in the frame and fork for the axles to screw into - both ends of the bike use a splined boss that's replaceable should you kill the threads (somehow...).

Despite this being the strongest Skye they've built, it's also the lightest at 10.78kg with the Hope Crankset fitted.

If you want more info, we've got it up on the website here:  http://bit.ly/SkyeV3

• Like 3

Yeah, the price on the page is the 'base' spec - all the upgrades are listed at checkout.  They used to be on the product page too, but with the Hope Tech Trial/Magura MT7/Hope Crankset options it meant on bikes like the Fourplay Pro there were a million variations and it was tricky keeping on top of stock.

I'm not really a fan of the look of it. I think it looks too fat and complicated.

I know that technically it's features are better, more durable and I'm not doubting it's quality and design, I just think the more simple look 24" bikes, without the fancy tubes and tapered headtubes win the beauty contest. 

I too like that trials companies are using newer MTB technology. What i'm saying is purely cosmetic. For example, in my opinion the Arcade is better looking. 

I know the advantages of a tapered headtube, I just think they are ugly. Especially on a tiny bike like this, compared to a say a 29" full sus bike.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jamesb said:

How is it for barspins with the short wheelbase? Any foot clippage?

I like how trials companies are using some newer mtb technology. Through axle, tapered headtube, nice.

I doubt anyone who's got a Skye can barspin, so you'd have to get one and tell us how it is for barspins. 

• Like 3

Just reminded me I've still got some footage of Andre Castro barspinning his old Fourplay quite happily... Really must sort that edit out. Skye's are properly little though. 

Really like the look of this, had a lot of thought go into it!

• Like 3