Canyon bikes?

monkeyseemonkeydo

Been thinking of updating my Meta for a while so have been looking around at what's out there. Grudgingly accepting that I'll probably go 650B and was looking at the Canyon range, possibly a Nerve AL 7.0. They look good and seem to be excellent value for money when you look at the specs. Any thoughts or experiences? 

I was very close to purchasing a canyon before I bought my bronson. 

They are super value for money but their customer service appears to be rather shocking. By that I mean the lead times for bikes to arrive, by reading the forums people keep getting promised dates for dispatch which change everyweek. People have been waiting since August and been told their bikes will arrive in January. 

Also the after sales service doesn't seem so great neither as in it takes a long time to deal with warranty claims. For example, a few of the models I were looking at cracked in previous years. If you were to send it off to them they appear to currently take at least a month before they even look at it and even then the outcome usually seems to be pretty harsh.

My opinion from the great deal of reading and info I've dug up on them is that the company has massively grown beyond their capabilities and so essentially they take a long time to do anything. They do offer some really good value for money bikes however if you're willing to wait.

Checked out some other brands in sales? Can get some good deals on crc, pauls cycles etc at the mo with it being end of season.Thought about the new meta trail?  My mate was in a similar position to you but with yt bikes after reading some horror stories about them online. He's  had no issues so far came pretty much on time too :) 

Yeah, I've been starting to look a bit further afield. Giant Trance 1 27.5 isn't far off the spec and not much more than the Canyons and was also looking at the CannondaleTrigger 3 on Pauls but just don't like the frame design... Also had a look through Rose Bikes, YT etc. and am also wondering whether I should just stick with the Meta 55! 

That cannondale seems a pretty good buy . Have a look at merida bikes there not too bad normally for the money . Also radon bikes seem pretty cheap dont know much about them though and how shipping would be time wise. Depends if you can  justify getting a new bike a guess everyone a speak to rates 650b over 26 :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so after much contemplation I've just collected a 6 month old whyte t130 works scr complete with Chris King wheels. Keep looking at the canyon but the lead times on the spectral were long (delivery early May) and my contact with customer services in the UK seemed to consist of some bike illiterate person looking at the pictures on their website rather than actually helping. No thanks.

• 3 months later...

All the Canyon haters out there:) I placed an order for a Canyon Spectral at the end of February and it is going to be delivered next week, more than one month earlier than the initial due date (30th May). During these two months I had many questions and the staff helped me a lot with their prompt and exact replies. Special thanks to Luca Vianello at the service center!

I know that 2-3 months is a long time yet I think Canyon offers the best price/value deals now days and it is worth the long waiting. Of course, I can not yet share info about the after sale service but will be back.