New to trials and new bike (to me)

bluerocketboy

36 minutes ago, Daviesdt said:

Right o, thanks. My thinking was drill core skills first to get solid grounding in basics. Been getting hung up on it though, want to move on but back wheel balance sucks and its affecting pedal hop control.

back wheel balance is important, but its not a focal point like in pure riding, the bike geo is very different and even theough the moves are very similar you need to have a slightly more two wheeled mind set to progress. Focus on your bunny hop and adding pedal strokes to it too to make pedal punches and pedal kicks stuff like zap taps, bunny ups. Back wheel control on your bike will be easier if you learn to wheelie

I.e. side hop like this, combine a sideways bunny hop with a pedal punch.

This a perfect example how to use wheelies and bunny hops to ride trial on a low bb bike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHsWtbdaXiQ

Edited by ooo
  • Like 1

Havent seen that vid before, cheers. Was spending time working on side hops a little while ago and sacked it off in favour of focus on rear wheel stuff, think I'll prob reinvest sometime in them again, oh and my wheelies and manuals suck too, also need to spend time doing them!. Figured out the pedal punch bit from messing around with pedal kicks a while ago.

Thanks for the tips, now you mention it all the Ali C etc stuff ive seen is two wheeled rolling focused and very little static orientated stuff, gonna get back to that kind of trials for a bit..... now... if only it'll stop pissing it down for a few hours!