Keto diet anyone?

JT!

Semi related but Jane has been raving on about Sirt food plans. She's really keen as she's got a science background and the Sirt food idea has very good scientific evidence to back it up. It's not a weight loss "diet" as such more just a general eating better and getting stronger and healthier but saying that in the few weeks she's been doing it she's lost a few kg (not that she was ever fat) and she feels strong.

I've been eating some of her recipes and they are actually delicious! The green juices the plan suggests sound and smell horrible but actually taste great too and the date brownies are like rocket fuel!

I've been struggling with energy most of this year so far but I think it's helped get some back and I'm feeling like I could actually go and ride for longer than 20 mins now which is excellent. I'm impressed with this Sirt food idea so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rundown after trying this for 4 weeks.

Firstly, I didn't miss carbs too much. This is not a restrictive diet at all. There was so many different recipes and foods that I just didn't get around to trying. I even found a couple of rotten avocados I never got around to eating yesterday because I just overwhelmed myself with so many different foods to try.

I've been off the diet now for 1 week and even though I got down to 183lbs from 191lbs in 4 weeks I've pretty much put two thirds of that back on in a week which leads me to believe that most of it was just water weight that's being retained by my current diet and lost through cutting carbs for a week. I may have lost 2 or 3 true pounds in weight.

While I was on the diet I had no gas. Very rarely farted and my issues with IBS almost went away completely.

I didn't feel like I had any more energy. Less in fact, I also slept a lot more towards the end of the 4 weeks. I also felt a mild depression during the 4th week which instantly went away with the first week off the diet.

I made huge mistakes with ODing on magnesium and had diarrhea for pretty much a week thinking that it was cauliflower giving me diarrhea and kept on consuming magnesium and potassium because I felt having diarrhea would lower my electrolytes on top of the diet doing that its self. So it became a vicious cycle.

I still to this day don't know whether it was the magnesium or the cauliflower that caused it.

During the diet my taste sensitivity changed. Tomato ketchup tasted revoltingly sweet after not having it for 3 weeks. And things like pecans and walnuts tasted amazing, after the diet they are almost tasteless.

Overall not for me and I think a balanced diet with exercise would be more beneficial.