TFTD2 Roll Call - 26th April. Put your names down in here.

dann2707

•  

1. dann27077070770950505 - Blue 3 wheeled Clio of hopes and dreams

2. Tarty - Posh hairdresser

3. Mark W - Silver hairdresser (Tarty's slag from TFTD1)

4. Mike (+1, if needed) - Red hairdresser

5. Tobybear (Clio)

6. Alistair Hamilton - Dan2700243542735 wannabe, but with full compliment of wheels

7. Haz - Silver Clio of dreams

8. Kyle livesey - Too many wheel drive turbo hairdresser

9. Maurici (works for Bentley and owns Tarty Adam's old car) - Silver hairdresser with gash body kit

10. Alex (TNE) - Der Friseur (German hairdresser)

11. Nick_Leeds from Cliosport (silver clio of dreams mk2)

12. Richard (sfboy) - hairdresser with a roof

13. Toby bears Dad (newer gay clio)

14. Jimmeh - Supercharged Hairdresser

15. Robin - Maybe a fake Porsche, probably a 525d Cop car

16. Sam Kidney - VTEC Rice Carrier

On 8 March 2016 at 11:35 PM, SamKidney said:

•  

1. dann27077070770950505 - Blue 3 wheeled Clio of hopes and dreams

2. Tarty - Posh hairdresser

3. Mark W - Silver hairdresser (Tarty's slag from TFTD1)

4. Mike (+1, if needed) - Red hairdresser

5. Tobybear (Clio)

6. Alistair Hamilton - Dan2700243542735 wannabe, but with full compliment of wheels

7. Haz - Silver Clio of dreams

8. Kyle livesey - Too many wheel drive turbo hairdresser

9. Maurici (works for Bentley and owns Tarty Adam's old car) - Silver hairdresser with gash body kit

10. Alex (TNE) - Der Friseur (German hairdresser)

11. Nick_Leeds from Cliosport (silver clio of dreams mk2)

12. Richard (sfboy) - hairdresser with a roof

13. Toby bears Dad (newer gay clio)

14. Jimmeh - Supercharged Hairdresser

15. Robin - Maybe a fake Porsche, probably a 525d Cop car

16. Sam Kidney - VTEC Rice Carrier

17. Mikey - dodgy skyboat thing

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mark W said:

How come?  Just need some more bits or something?

EDIT:  Also, I am excite.

Yup, it needs the last tie rod fitting, then geometry set up.

Also needs alternator belt changing as it was squealing big time when I last started it up - having looked at it, it's not in good shape. I may just risk it as is, then after the day I'll just rip the whole lot out and fit a new engine, clutch and all the belts. I'm planning an engine and clutch change anyway, so may as well do the whole lot in one go...

I just don't want the alternator belt to snap and leave me stranded. 

If it's cold/damp then they can be pretty noisy from time to time.  Stan's did/does it, and mine did it (especially if I had lights on, heater on, etc. when it first started up) but I solved it by just tightening the belt a touch.  It's piss easy to do, so might be worth a shot.  Don't think you need to worry about it breaking though as it does just seem to be a tensioning/moisture issue rather than a "Holy f**k I'm shitting the bed" one.  If you do need to change it they're pretty quick and easy to do from what I can remember.

It's pretty fooked mate, not just cracked, but it's definitely on the way out.

Changing it looks fiddly but not too bad, it's more a "how the hell do I get these hands in that gap" kind of job than the normal fire and plus gas jobs I attempt on the car.

And yes, go ahead and quote the line above, I know you want to.

It's not too bad once you've worked out where all the bolts are.  The main twatty one is the one at the very bottom of the alternator, around the back of it, that you have to hold in place while you undo it from the front.  That said, once you've got a spanner located on it you can just go for it on the front end and it's not too bad.  Overall.

Mine's started going apeshit today so I might have a bit of a check on it again.  In general things seem a little iffy with my car at the moment so I might give it a bit of TLC tomorrow/this weekend.

Shame you're not down near Briz still, I've got a lockup weekend ahead of me, would have been good to have a little meet - might stop me swearing and losing my temper when things are inevitably seized haha

I'm hoping my car behaves itself once these bits are put on, it's not been used for a couple of months so hopefully it all runs ok still!

• 2 weeks later...

So I spent yesterday helping Jimmy out with his supercharger build - we fixed the boost leaks he had.

It's an animal!

Lowered on Meister R's with super grippy tyres, it was quite scary on corners :D

My car is now sorted too, did a bit of test driving this weekend, just need to go back under it and check that it's all tight still, but it's feeling good so far.

Two weeks to go!

Wow, this crept up quickly! I definitely won't be in the Porsche, so I'll come along in the 525d. A little boring, and I won't want to abuse it too much, but I'll sling a load of tools in the boot and come along for the social side anyway. I'll still do a few laps, but if anyone wanted to split the day with me and go halves I'd be keen to do that, if not I'm still happy to have my full slot.