Project 24" - Steel MK 2 Fourplay Geo

Brettoll

Over the last year I have been acquiring parts to build a 24" street bike, been a while coming, been so broke I nearly caved and sold the parts.. but persevered.

The frame started life in black, badly painted Mark 1 WIP 24" with the same geo as a Fourplay Mk II, the forks a friend had made by JAF and were used for about 2 rides.. stripped, sanded and lacquered the frame finally last night and put in the forks, stem bars, cranks and a shoddy old pivotal that was knocking about to see what it was starting to look like... and the result is pretty good!

Should be finished in the coming weeks, provided I can get the hubs and bash sorted.. but for now here it is in it's current state:

DSC_0027.JPG

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

You could probably get some good money for that stem on eBay. Change it for a cheaper one freeing up some cash for other bits?

It's not mine.. I can purchase it but just using it at the moment to get it set up. Same with the bars as they are the white Arcade bars (personally I want black)

• 7 months later...

I am nearly there, just a little bit of tinkering with the brakes, putting the Nukeproof pedals on and getting a bash ring (still) and she will be ready to go. Right in time for Winter!

Very nearly had to sell it due to a multitude of expenses coming out the woodwork, but thanks to Thames Water owing me nearly £300 I am happily able to keep her.

Spec is below, better pics once I am happy with it:

• Frame - Original WIP S-24 Frame, Fourplay MK2 Geometry - 1020mm WB, 375mm CS, +25mm BB, 72 HA - 360 dropout - disc and 4 bolt mounts - Clearcoat lacquered
  • Forks - Custom JAF - 20mm bolt through axle - Clearcoat lacquered
  • Cranks - Shimano SLX
  • Stem - Thompson Elite 90 x 10 - Black
  • Bars - Inspired Arcade - White
  • Front Wheel - DMR D-vee 24" Rim - Draco 20mm DH hub in blue
  • Rear Wheel - Sun S-Type 24" Rim - Halo 135mm hub in black with allen key release - 24/7 single speed kit
  • Brakes - 1 week old Shimano M445's on 203 rotors front and rear, basically new pads
  • Other bits - Brave Machine sealed bearing headset - Vans waffle grips - Kenda tyres - Inspired Pivotal seatpost - Blue Eclat Pivotal saddle

14591789_10153771517116594_6994157633310774889_n.jpg

• Like 3