Hope Rim Brake

niconj

I imagine that as this is a prototype they are testing functionality and reliability at the present, once that is sorted aesthetics and weight will probably tackled.

Be nice to have a solidly made, reliable, user serviceable brake set up; with all part available aftermarket.

Probably won’t cost anymore than the Racing Line kit either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bing said:

You need me to bleed and set it up, no mushy shite on any of my brakes, ask @trials26 what the racing line brakes were like on my old crewkerz

They are rock hard, with no pulling to the bar? Mine engage 3.5cm from the bar, and I don't want them to move any more no matter how hard I pull. Which is hard. Have never felt a new 3 finger brake (be it Maggie/racing line or vee-Shimano-avid) that felt unlike mushy shite. It has more leverageand it stops great- but feels like mushy shite to me. I like a short little lever, as my paws can crush coal into diamonds.

I'd love to try your brakes to be proven wrong, ship me a set and I'll let you know my review.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LEON said:

Reckon they'll be DOT fluid? That wouldn't be a popular choice. Pretty sure Hope have never used mineral oil though.

They had a Mineral Trialzone/Mono Trial hadn't they? 

It seems that the bleed screw on the slaves is like the one on the disc brakes. This is cool as you don't have to take out the bolt and screw in the fitting to bleed it like on Magura slaves. My money is waiting as well. :)

Edited by niconj

6 hours ago, dave33 said:

It's been around for about 2 years and is a version of of the brake levers they made for Martyn Ashton which he used on his road bike party videos 

I thought they were just trialzones mounted vertically with a banjo?

Screenshot_2016-03-27-20-17-46.png

Edited by onzatpro09
Found a picture on YouTube

Maybe - people ran Hope rear hubs when there was no competition, but once FFW started getting non-shit people stopped using Hope stuff.  Similar thing with their disc brakes too.  With the rim brakes though there's some fairly established competition so there's less of a sales guarantee.