Panasonic Lumix G7 / Mirrorless Cameras

jnthebiker

Hey. Do any of you guys have any experience with the Panasonic Lumix G7 camera or similar? I'm planning on starting a small video business, as well as potentially switching to a film/video production major in college, and I'm trying to decide what camera to save for as a starter. The G7 looks almost perfect. It's not too expensive and will take the Nikon lenses I already have. 

My only concerns are: 
- No high frame rates in 4k
- I don't think it can output to a monitor while recording
- No headphone jack 

Anyway, have any of you ever used a camera like this? Or any of the similar Panasonic cameras? I'd really appreciate your opinion if you have. 

( Link to camera: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1148282-REG/panasonic_dmc_g7kk_lumix_dmc_g7_mirrorless_micro.html )

Thanks,

JN

I have a Panasonic Lumix G7 so I can show you a 4k clip although I'm going to use 1080p for my videos as I prefer the higher frame rate for smoothness. The Lumix G6 I had before seem to be able to take a few knocks! I think they have improved the design on the G7. I think the G7 has smoother motion so I will use it off the tripod more.

Hopefully this will help although not like for like conditions!

G6 1080p (still working fine I think!)

G7 1080p

G7 4k

Edited by Dan Jones