New frame...

Jez

I've got a Base TA26 at the mo, which has served me well for years but has just developed a crack in the seat tube, so it's days are numbered and it needs replacing. It's main use is getting me to and from work, so it's got a 30T ring and a 9sp cassette on it.

I don't properly ride trials any more, just occasionally on the way to/from work; however, I hate 'normal' MTB geo...and also hate huge BB rises and long wheelbases. I like oldschool trials geo - I absolutely love how my TA26 feels.

However, I'm a difficult customer because I want the following specs:

• 0 bb rise
  • Short wheelbase (somewhere between 1010 and 1040mm?)
  • V brake mounts (this is the killer problem)
  • Able to take a 9sp cassette
  • Able to take a 32T ring without it fouling on the chainstay

There are a few options out there - e.g. Tarty have a Monty dirt frame in (although it has a 30mm bb drop...not sure how I feel about that), or some oldschool trials frames knocking about, but it's really difficult to find out what the geo on those old frames is. I wish I could find an Inspired Flow 26", but they only seem to come as the full bike.

There's a Heavy Tools and a Saracen X-ess on ebay that I'm considering, but again, no geo details - does anyone know what they are?

Or can anyone think of any other options I should look into?

Thanks

How about this? Dunno about 32 tooth freewheel though.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/192663-leeson-660-xl/

Best info on geo i can find before my interest fades is..

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/179071-leeson-clear-660-kicking-it-old-school/

If that is the same bike? 

Edited by natmangee
EDIT: looked closer.4 bolt mounts.. adapters?

Have to say I had a Planet X zebdi and a jack flash... The Jack flash- I would love to build a bike with that frames geometry again, such a fun fun fun bike to go fast and bunnyhop/jump on. The zebdi was great but if you aren't doing any trials at all on it... Eh...

I'm not sure how long it was..

i think danny holyrod? Had a Planet X pitbull, whatever their like 10 pound frame was... He could ride that thing, it was a TANK.

edit, Google gave me some geometry answers... Assuming they are correct;

Top Tube  569mm 
Head Angle  72o 
Seat Angle  73.5o 
BB Drop  10mm 
Chain Stay  425mm 
Seat Tube  320mm

1050mm wheelbase 

It's the frame I learned how to manual and bunnyhop on... Good memories, if you can find one I'd jump on it.

Edited by AndyT