Ali C Vlog

Dman

13 hours ago, Mark W said:

I wouldn't say they give a "false sense" of that because that's not what they're trying to show at all, and not something I've ever implied they were trying to show.  Webisodes, vlogs and stuff like that are all well and good, but if I'm about to go riding and I want to watch a video to get some inspiration or motivation I'm going to put Ali's Cardiff video on, maybe watch a bit of 002 or something like that - I'm not going to put on a 25 minute long vlog.  I made/make them because they're the type of videos I want to see, and what gets me excited about riding and filming.  In the BMX world people are putting way more emphasis on just putting out whatever bits and pieces they get in the form of a webisode rather than putting time in and creating a video part, and if the pendulum keeps swinging in that direction it's going to suck long term.  They're good for building up more of a relationship with the rider/audience, but they'll never replace actual riding videos in terms of creating something memorable and long lasting.

No no, never to replace the "clean" videos, the vlogs are just an amazing complement.

after a week of failed vlog attempts I tried a bike check video. I get a lot of interest in my bike on social media so I thought I'd go pretty in depth and explain what I run and why. I thought it would be a 6-10 min video but it's turned out closer to 20! This video won't appeal to everyone but I did throw in just a handful of clips too.

Inspired Arcade bike check

• Like 5

Grips really look like the orange Ritchey WCS.

Would be interesting how many times you change the chain (the Trialtech is just a rebranded KMC z610hx isn't it?) and how much wear you have in general. How often do you ride anyways?

Edited by niconj

1 hour ago, Dman said:

I think the same but thats where the strength is.

Pretty much.  The smoother and more gradual the bends are the stronger the bars are, hence it seeming sketchy to me some "similar" bars out there have tighter bends with pretty 'bumpy' walls where they've been bent (as well as being way lighter, yet wider).  Admittedly it looked really weird to me at first after going onto them from TT High Rise bars (which are really narrow in the centre), but they look normal to me now and I don't notice it.  It's kind of the same way when the TT High Rise bars first came out they looked really weird compared to the Sport bars, but became normal fairly quickly.  Now the Sport bars look like flat bars...

• Like 1

Bike check was cool, never knew the arcade was steel.. But then I've not long been back on the scene,

@Ali C If you struggling for ideas, I know it probably wouldn't be much of a riding vlog but how about 'your' evolution through trials? Bikes/riding styles/comps/tgs? :P to where you are now?

Would be interesting as you've been in the sport so long... or could just be me being nosey,I like to know stuff :lol:

Keep it up :) 

Adam.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2016 at 8:08 PM, niconj said:

Grips really look like the orange Ritchey WCS.

Would be interesting how many times you change the chain (the Trialtech is just a rebranded KMC z610hx isn't it?) and how much wear you have in general. How often do you ride anyways?

I only change it every 6 months or so, I find with larger toothed cogs chains are under a lot less stress and last longer, one reason why I've not gone to an 18t up front even though I'd get the clearance I wanted.

I'd quite like to have a go on a more TGS setup, I'd need to get a custom frame though, not a fan of any frames currently on the market (bb is too high) and it'd be nice to have a seat.

I'd like to do an evolution style video, I feel my editing skills are lacking to get it how I can picture it in my head though but I'll do it one day, thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mark W said:

I thought you were keen on the Premier - wasn't that nearer +35-ish, along with that proto Stinger/your 1199?

yeah, they were all roughly the same just small changes in bb height 

20 minutes ago, Dman said:

Evolution of ali c and a tgs vid on an old bike would be cool. @niconj i watched @aener up to front an echo 24 and a marino street 24 at the weekend, amazingly well.

I saw the video and was amazed (as usual by him). 

@Ali C That's what would make it even more interesting. Seeing how well you do on a bike that has a +70bb. :)

1 hour ago, niconj said:

I saw the video and was amazed (as usual by him). 

@Ali C That's what would make it even more interesting. Seeing how well you do on a bike that has a +70bb. :)

Not sure he filmed anything on the other bikes with brakes?