Ali C Vlog

Dman

16 hours ago, AndyT said:

As I get older I'm not any more scared of falling... I'm more scared of how long it takes to heal once you fall!! 

Ali's hooked up with a girlfriend who's a qualified body fixer/wrangler, and actually eats proper food now (rather than f**ked old bits of pig from Morrisons) so I'd imagine his recovery rate is probably faster now than it was 5-10 years ago :P

Exactly! But then again, it would be too much to do really. Maybe he could join forces with @jamesb who does an excellent job on "how tos".

Why would it be too much to do? James B is in another country, be quite hard to join forces, pretty sure ali could make sweet how to vids, its something id like to see. 

Why would it be too much to do? James B is in another country, be quite hard to join forces, pretty sure ali could make sweet how to vids, its something id like to see. 

Lol... I didn't know this. 

Depending on the intention of the Vlog, there would be too much to do taking additional shots for how to vids + explain everything. I don't doubt that Ali could do those vids as well.

Edited by niconj
  • Like 1

Very cool! Also the insight on how you started with street trials. You may add some of your older comp videos just for information purposes. :)

Just wondering. Have you ever tried going up the rock from the small bank that is on the side. A sort of gap to hook thingy...

Would love to see you session one bank/Rock/curb/ledge to see how many different lines and combinations that you can do. I find it very helpful to learn how others interpret different obstacles and navigate their way through it. Very enjoyable, I look forward to the next

• Like 1

I didn't watch the first one 'cos I didn't know how much I'd be cringing, but went balls out and watched that second one.  Really f**king good (Y) If you've ever wondered what it's like riding/hanging out with Ali, that's basically it.  Like I said on OTN/FB, the "Second best tail in the animal kingdom" thing is vintage Clarkson, and basically sums up what Ali's really like.  I'm glad "the real Ali" is coming through in this rather than trying too hard to be cool/pro/#fashion/whatever.

• Like 3

Why would you be cringing when watching the first one? It's pretty much like the second one only a different location.

I said I didn't want to watch the first because I didn't know how cringe-y it'd be.  Basically, 99% of webisodes/Vlogs are f**king terrible, cliché, badly done shit, and I didn't want to witness Ali tarnish himself by possibly going down that route.  As it turns out that wasn't the case.

Also:

Lemur_Playing_On_The_Grass_600.jpg

Really liking these.

In general I think vlogs are important because they let the personality come through, it shows so much more than a normal riding video would. I think that's why the Martins, Hans Rey etc came across the way they did - they were always talking to the camera, we saw what they were like as people, understood their attitudes to riding and life. In your case I feel I 'know' you a bit now, whereas before you were just a face to the riding.

Only advice I'd offer is be more consistent with your video titles - it would be nice if the vlogs were titled vlog. You had 'Vlog 1', but the second one wasn't marked vlog, so somebody who sees a new video pop up might not really it's a vlog. Personally I'm going to be more likely to watch a vlog than a regular riding video because I find them more interesting and - for trials anyway - unique.

Good work anyway, look forward to seeing how it works out. Oh and that line in the parkour park was dope ; )

Thanks, I agree with the title comment, I'll get on it!

I'm editing this weekends footage now, really not sure how well it'll come out. It's hard to vlog when I need my hands to build stuff (head cam next time?) plus some of the guys didn't really want to be filmed all that much. We'll see how it looks though.