Your biggest callous

bikeperson45

Where is your biggest callous?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Under which finger is your biggest callous?

• Right thumb
    • Right index
    • Right middle
    • Right ring
    • Right pinkie
    • Left thumb
    • Left index
    • Left middle
    • Left ring
    • Left pinkie
    • Elsewhere
    • I'd rather not say

I cut mine off, have a special tool with a razor blade for shaving them down then use a pumice stone and moisturiser. 

I've never cut mine, but rubbing them down with a pumice stone is one of the best feelings ever!

Edited by AndrewEH1

the half of my palm opposite to my thumb is pretty much just callous/leathery skin, got some wierd callous on the webbing between my thumb and index too. does anyone else get the three calouses under each finger on the palm? like an extra two underneath the normal one? or am i a full blown ogre now...<_<

7 hours ago, ogre said:

the half of my palm opposite to my thumb is pretty much just callous/leathery skin, got some wierd callous on the webbing between my thumb and index too. does anyone else get the three calouses under each finger on the palm? like an extra two underneath the normal one? or am i a full blown ogre now...<_<

Ogre.... Definitly.

case closed

If you need to trim a little off, just using one of the spare heads from a razor works well.  You can use emery boards to shape them a little if you need to as well, as that seems to help stop them tearing/ripping.

Got that weird half-palm callous too.  Since I've started bouldering more it's also caused a battle between holds and my grips as to where my callouses go.  Bouldering stretches and smears them up towards all the finger joints, riding seems to need them lower down.

Both my index/braking fingers and largest are below my middle fingers. 

My hands are pretty much ruined from working on cars all day too which has kept them leathery even when I've been off the bike for extended periods of time.