Hip Hop / Chilled Beats Fans?

MadManMike

I've managed to land a set at a festival this year, and I'm doing a 100% hip hop set (As in, all pretty chilled out afternoon beats, rather than my normal mix of different stuff).

Although I listen to a lot of different music, I don't usually play just this stuff for an hour.

I'm planning my set and have recorded a "dry run", I'm looking for some feedback.

I don't want to publicly release the recording, but if anyone is willing to listen, please PM me :)

Cheers y'all!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2016 at 0:44 PM, craigjames said:

Have you got a track listing for it? Just started listening, but enjoying it so far :)

Yep:

Removed

Those are potentially in the wrong order, but you'll work it out haha.

On 19/06/2016 at 2:25 PM, Luke Rainbird said:

Love a bit of Hilltop so keen on the start, though not a fan of the mix at ~8:30; sounds a bit messy/busy. That's as far as I've got at the mo, will listen properly on my drive back to base :P

I concur, it is indeed a bit sloppy. That was my first test, still got half a set to find and a few tracks to shuffle around!

Edited by MadManMike
No peeking!

I was only half listening whilst removing a cylinder head, enjoyed, wasn't sure about the slightly dancier sounding one about 3/4 of the way through though (can't be any more specific than that, sorry :P)

• 1 month later...

So, tonight I finished the set.

I am ridiculously excited to play this out and share it around afterwards.

It goes from UK hip hop to house music, with a little Eritrean tribal music in between.

Weird to think I've been DJ'ing for around 13 years now, I'd never have imagined I'd be playing this stuff way back then.

Bring on next weekend :D