Wrongly selected voltage for HDMI splitter now PS4 is dead?

dann2707

Hi,

Not having the best of luck lately i'll tell you that.

Just about to set off to sell my playstation 4 I decide to go on it to delete my account. 

My HDMI splitter was selected on the wrong volt, either 9V or 12V when it should have been 5V.

Now the PS4 won't turn on at all, the power button doesn't do anything only the eject button makes the blue light come on for a fraction of a second then it turns off again.

What do I do? Leave it overnight? Or is it completely fried?

I genuinely can't believe this is happening.

Thanks for any helpful advice! 

Dan

Does it boot in safe mode?

1. Power off the PS4 by holding down the power button for several seconds. ...
  2. Power on the PS4 by holding the power button down and keeping it held down. ...
  3. Once you hear the second beep, release the power button and the Safe Mode screens should appear.

10 minutes ago, Haz said:

Does it boot in safe mode?

1. Power off the PS4 by holding down the power button for several seconds. ...
  2. Power on the PS4 by holding the power button down and keeping it held down. ...
  3. Once you hear the second beep, release the power button and the Safe Mode screens should appear.

Won't do anything at all apart from a quick beep at me. Thanks dude

1 hour ago, Haz said:

Still in warranty?

I think so, will ring them tomorrow!

18 minutes ago, manuel said:

Sounds boned. But I don't get how you've managed this? Did you plug in a powered splitter with the wrong plug?

Exactly that, the power cable for the splitter has a multi voltage toggle switch. It was on a different voltage as I was using it to charge my torch the other day, plugged it in not even realising i'd changed it.