Slightly odd one - gear cable sizing

Luke Rainbird

Excuse the somewhat strange topic please gents! I'm stuck on base and in need of a couple of dimensions - wonder if someone (likely @forteh/@Adam@TartyBikes/anyone working in a bike shop) may be able to help.

Bicycle Cable Heads

I seem to recall gear cable being in the region of 1.2mm diameter. Does anyone happen to know, or be able to measure the size of the head? (ideally both diameter and length, though they'll be pretty similar). 

Thanks!

Brake is 1.6mm, and gear is generally 1.2mm (except Sram and Rohloff which is 1.1mm)

Not all heads are the same though. Campag and some Sram cables differ to 'standard' Shimano cables. Any idea which type you need dimensions for?

• Like 1

Yeah Campy is smaller than standard I believe (likely E in photo), though didn't realise SRAM was that different to Shimano.

SRAM and/or Shimano would be ideal if you're able to mate, though anything's a bonus. Only for some extra curricular SolidWorks messing about (Y)