Has Google completely gone to shit?

Mark W

In the interests of following Tomturd's views on more topics up in hurrrr, rather than asking elsewhere I'll make a topic like a big boy.

Recently, I've found that Google has sucked all the dick when it comes to trying to do searches.  It seems like most of the words I type have very little effect, and it'll just pick one or two key words then find the most currently-popular shit to do with it.  For example earlier on today I was trying to find out something to do with lawn mowers and the police (long story), and all it kept coming up with was links to a news story about some guy who shot a lawn mower filled with explosives and blew his own leg off.  I just tried searching for something else, and it gave nothing like what I was looking for, and in the related searches thing it was suggesting "three flavours cornetto trilogy" - bearing in mind I was looking for police mug shots, that seems a little wide of the mark.

Is this something anyone else has found recently or is this just some clusterf**k update that Google have decided to implement, much like the abortion of an update FB have just rolled out?  Oh, and iTunes too for that matter - refused to recognise any device I plugged into it until I updated, and now they've got rid of the "recently updated" list from my podcasts list which is the only reason I use the f**king thing in the first place.  Also, I am aware that these are free services and if I don't like them I don't have to use them and blah blah blah.

• Like 1