Holidays

dann2707

19 minutes ago, Wrayvon said:

Thanks to lowcostholidays going bust, I just had to book another hotel. Luckily this one seems even nicer! Praying we get our money back now... 

From what I've read unless you paid via Paypal or credit card you have very little chance of getting anything.

39 minutes ago, craigjames said:

From what I've read unless you paid via Paypal or credit card you have very little chance of getting anything.

We paid via credit card - and from what they've told us we should be getting it all back - thankfully! 

• Like 1

A guy at work just lost 500 quid through lowcost due to no hotels, paid by debit card so it's unlikely he'll get it back.

On holiday front we've bought a Ø5m canvas bell tent, been camping a couple of times in the last month and it's far nicer than a plastic tent.  Bought a ghillie kettle and trangia for hot water/cooking duties and planning on making a self contained firepit/barbeque to take with us :)

Off again in a fortnight :D

Barcelona was great. If anything, a little too hot for me, but I'm very impressed with the place.

Amazing food, cheap beer, cracking Metro system. We went for a week and still didn't see half of it, could easily do another week there to see the rest.

Flight delays meant I got in at sunrise today and worked from home, so feel like shite, but other than that it was a super holiday :)

• Like 2

On 02/08/2016 at 5:12 PM, Mark W said:

Even though you weren't there with a bike I still hope you acknowledged how plentiful and incredible the spots are :P

Really want to go back to Barca, such a cool place.

Count me in on barcelona

On 02/08/2016 at 5:27 PM, MadManMike said:

I was actually looking everywhere at how amazing some of the spots are!

Wish it was 5 or 10 degrees cooler and I had my bike there.

We went in January it was perfect, riding all day everyday.

On 26/07/2016 at 11:30 PM, Tony Harrison said:

Both awesome places - I went earlier this year, love them.

Should be good, especially as I've never travelled east.

Any recommendations for trips/things to do/places to eat?

Another long weekend camping, love the canvas bell tent, so much more character than polyester :)

Bought myself a hatchet today with the sole purpose of splitting kindling :D

Edited by forteh
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2016 at 2:51 PM, Haz said:

Should be good, especially as I've never travelled east.

Any recommendations for trips/things to do/places to eat?

I can't be very helpful as I was mainly there to explore underground tunnels and go places I shouldn't, but the cable car up the mountain is good in Hong Kong. Also drinks and food around Causeway Bay in the evening is quite nice, and they have a laser light show over the bay in the evening. A shame I only had a few days as I'd like to have stayed longer.

In Japan I had a few days in Tokyo around the Shinjuku area. Quite lively at night, pretty crazy area. Then I rented a car with a friend and drove north, stopped by the big Honda museum then went up to the area affected by the earthquake and tsunami 5 years ago. It's insane there, you can drive right through the red zone. From there we went north to find a derelict power station in the countryside and finally drove back to Tokyo for one night. We did want to go down to the suicide forest or whatever it's called, and also Mt Fuji, but again not enough time.