Slaves slipping in Neon Wing brake clamps.

jnthebiker

Hey guys, second question in the last couple of minutes.

I've been using magura slaves in Neon Wing brake clamps, and they will NOT stop slipping! Anybody have a way of keeping them in place?

Also, what length bolts would I need to use them with an echo four bolt booster?

Thanks,

Johannes

Taking everything apart and giving it a really good clean, then greasing the shit out of your bolts and reinstalling everything is usually the best way.  Are the frame/clamps/brakes old or are they a mix of new and old parts?

M5x40 should do you for the bolts too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark W said:

Taking everything apart and giving it a really good clean, then greasing the shit out of your bolts and reinstalling everything is usually the best way.  Are the frame/clamps/brakes old or are they a mix of new and old parts?

M5x40 should do you for the bolts too.

All new except the slaves, which are lightly used. Won't m5x40 bolts bottom out because of the shorter mounts?

Usually you'd use M5x45 with most booster setups, but drop down to M5x40 with washerless clamps.  The overall clamp thickness of the Neon ones should be pretty similar - if they end up bottoming out you can always a thin spacer under the bolt head (or between the main spacer and booster itself).  I'd rather bottom out and work out rather than have bolts that are too short and risk stripping threads that way.

If it's all fairly fresh stuff then just cleaning everything and greasing the bolts up should help out a lot.  If the bolts are fairly dry going in they'll bind up and feel tighter before they really are.

On 14. Juli 2016 at 1:45 PM, RossBurnside said:

My slaves used to slip in echo clamps i had - I just roughed up the slaves with a bit of sand paper and it seemed to work. Good luck my dude x

If that's the case, you could use some of that paste to mount carbon bars.