whats it worth? inspired fourplay

macy`d

Hi all, its been a while for me. 

Been out of the trials scene for along time now. But i have been playing around on my echo trial a little bit then after watching some ali c videos i decided to build my inspired back up. Having some fun on it and am now seriously considering getting an arcade. 

Not sure if i should just get a frame/kit or sell my inspired and build a complete new bike from scratch again though?

I don't really have a clue what my inspired is worth now so would really appreciate it if i could get some rough ideas off you lot.

Spec;

Inspired fourplay frame 

echo headset

echo forks (cant remember what ones though)

First isis BB

Tensile cranks and bash

DMR V12 pedals

Hope pro 2 rear hub in lime green

Hope pro front hub red

Sun rims

DMR front tyre

Fat albert rear tyre 

4 bolt to V adapter, heatsink i think?

Shimano DXR V brake chrome rear 

Avid bb7 front disc brake 160mm 

Carbon stem spacers 

easton vice stem

Cant remember what bars they are, for some reason i think they're Gusset risers but not sure.

Gusset seat

Ti bolts on the stem, rear hub and front disc

I think thats it, what do you think?

Couple photos of it, could really do with a re-spray. And one of my echo before i dismantled it.

Cheers guys

Alex

IMG_4387 (1).jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

Even though on paper it looks good with the Hope hub and some of the other parts, it just seems to not be what people are going for. Everyone who has money to spend seems to want to get something much more modern now especially disc, then this frame went on to become the element for a few years which devalues it again so you'll be somewhere around the £200-300 point for the bike selling more likely on Ebay or locally. You'd probably get something around £50-75 for the frame to.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paperclip said:

Even though on paper it looks good with the Hope hub and some of the other parts, it just seems to not be what people are going for. Everyone who has money to spend seems to want to get something much more modern now especially disc, then this frame went on to become the element for a few years which devalues it again so you'll be somewhere around the £200-300 point for the bike selling more likely on Ebay or locally. You'd probably get something around £50-75 for the frame to.  

Thanks for the reply. 

I think I am going to ride it for a month and see if I really get back into it, if I do then I might upgrade. 

The question is, do i sell the whole thing and start again or strip it and keep the wheels and cranks ect making my new bike a little cheaper to buy?

thanks again

alex

9 hours ago, macy`d said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I think I am going to ride it for a month and see if I really get back into it, if I do then I might upgrade. 

The question is, do i sell the whole thing and start again or strip it and keep the wheels and cranks ect making my new bike a little cheaper to buy?

thanks again

alex

I think that last question is totally on your own head be it. Although either way is going to cost you a fair chunk of money so it's worth trying to find one for sale as a complete bike if that's your game plan and trying to get some money off that way.