Help needed :/

Dantheman89

Wrong forum mate. This is a pedal bike trials forum. Have you tried eBay though for a barrel? And try trials and mx news, they have breakers in the back of the paper in the free ads. Give Matt at inch perfect trials a call as well, he's a secondhand dealer and may be able to help you out 

Might be worth giving pjme a ring to see if they can repair it. They welded up, machined replated and honed my 636 rotax motor after the oil pump had failed and twisted the piston in the bore.

It cost 193 to do the whole lot including rebuilding and balancing the crank, took a while but well worth the wait!

https://www.pjme.co.uk/

Good luck :)

Thought about putting a 125 or 250 set up on? I was told (reliably, but check first) that 02-07 gas gas (at least, could be up to 08 but just now it escapes me) were the same from the bottom end up, and only the barrel, piston and, where applicable, the carb were the differences in each model year, but as it happens the bikes barely changed in those years & there is a massive parts overlap. If I recall correctly John Shirt Motorcycles, now gasgasuk, did a 156cc big bore kit for txt125 as we (me and dad) considered one at the time. We think that was done from boreing a batch of 125 barrels.

Beyond that there is a whole world of people in the bike world (small ads in classic racer magazine or classic bike spring to mind) where problems like a cracked barrel is no sweat. Hell you could take the opportunity to go nuts & Nikasil coat the bore afterwards...

Most importantly though, your bike is most definitely not scrap.