Which Go Pro do I buy?

isitafox

If you want decent sound quality, you'll need a hole in the case and an external mic. Which means at least a Silver. Wouldn't bother with the Black as you won't use the functionality. Session has a small sensor so video quality isn't as good as the Silver.

• Like 1

I advise using an aftermarket wrap round case instead of the water resistant bulky jobby they come with to make the sound better.

I have yet to try a mic (I plan to get one soon) but the lack of clear case helped a considerable amount.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Camera-Standard-Border-Protective-Housing/dp/B00HE7Q9U2/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1471962564&sr=8-10&keywords=gopro+frame+mount

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ogre said:

wouldn't be interested in a hero 3+? i'm just not using mine...

Tempted but the additional stuff on a 4 has got me leaning that way. Been a bad month at work so funds are low for another month or so anyway, bloody summer holidays! 

12 hours ago, isitafox said:

Tempted but the additional stuff on a 4 has got me leaning that way. Been a bad month at work so funds are low for another month or so anyway, bloody summer holidays! 

i'm in no rush to sell it but i figured i'd put it out there, what does the 4 have over the 3+?

• 2 months later...

Well so far I've not got around to buying a camera yet as other things have come up but last week I got my son a camera for his birthday. He likes using my Sjcam so I got him a new SJcam M10, it's their version of the GoPro session but with a screen, cost just over £40 for a real one off Amazon and I'm well impressed. It comes with a waterproof case and all sorts of mounts and the sound quality is a huge improvement to the 4000. Even in the case the sound is clear and it comes with a speaker friendly door to improve it further (though you can't use it underwater with that fitted obviously). Definitely worth checking out for the money!