Secluded places in or near Liverpool?

iron_panda

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any secluded places to ride in or around Liverpool? Started learning about a month ago and not really made any progress. Not having any sort of biking background, I have (as you can imagine) a little bit of fear falling my arse or going over the handlebars and the embarrassment that folliws :) so I'm thinking it could be better for me to go somewhere completely out of the way to practice.

I know this might seem a bit stupid but do feel that I can learn quicker and better on my own with absolutely no one around 

And before the suggestions kick in. I have no garden haha :(

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Have a pedal down past Liverpool one and ride next to the aquatics centre that operates in the small dock. That's pretty farout of the way of the general populous.

Or go find an empty car park on an industrial estate and get your basic bike handling skill set down of flat ground, (trackstand, endo, rocking the bike from front to back wheel (a rocking horse), wheelie, rocking horse through 360deg, 180 endo, riding down painted white lines, etc. etc) then move onto obstacles.

It's all a case of being able to crawl before you can walk; Your riding will be better for it. Remember that on any group ride you can always tell the rider that moved on to the fancy impressive stuff without the long, boring hours putting ground work in place.

It sounds like your intension, but I felt it still needed to be said.

EDIT: Flick through trashzen also. It's been the noobs bible since year dot.

Edited by CC12345678910
  • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions guys! 

@Scott Gibbs Where abouts are these spots? Or was it more of a generalization? Haha

@CC12345678910 Around by Waterloo Dock and the Titanic Hotel? The Aquatics center is in Wavertree (unless there's another one?) Yeah I keep thinking that it's a quick thing to learn, watched countless trials videos and how-to's and have kind of worked out the how to do the tricks in my head but when it comes into practice it feels like my brain is not communicating with my body for riding positions etc I guess that's the learning part! Thanks for the trashzen site too. Bought the book last week :)

@Daviesdt Yeah think industrial estates could be the best option! Though I work near Manchester and by the time I get back to Liverpool it gets to be quite late. Though weekends are always good :)

• Like 1

Some nice drops in Sudley Park - by the house, off a small sandstone wall, also along the promenade by the cafe in Aigburth is nice (plus they have just built a small concrete skate/bike park), I used to ride here along time ago.

Edited by Dift

2 hours ago, Dift said:

Some nice drops in Sudley Park - by the house, off a small sandstone wall, also along the promenade by the cafe in Aigburth is nice (plus they have just built a small concrete skate/bike park), I used to ride here along time ago.

Yeah I live in Aigburth so been meaning to go down to the area where the skate park is. Just want somewhere secluded, no one around and quiet to get some good practice in :)

On 20/09/2016 at 0:33 PM, iron_panda said:

Around by Waterloo Dock and the Titanic Hotel?

Could be, but I live no where near Liverpool so we could mean the same place (I think not though) & I wouldn't have a clue. I mispoke however, it was the echo arena I rode past. Google maps say the place I mean is called Coburg Wharf.  Copy and paste 53.3904443,-2.9868566 back into google and click maps. :)

EDIT: If you do go there don't bash the place up!

Coburg_Wharf___Google_Maps.png

Edited by CC12345678910