Danny Macaskill wee Day out

Davetrials

Loved it! It was just so creative which must come down to the fact it was on the Santa Cruz rather than the Inspired. Anything on the Inspired is probably meant to be big bangers and taken seriously, but this being a "mess about"* on a full sus must give him a little freedom in playing with ideas. Plus that sort of stuff probably appeals to standard MTB riders more than his usual stuff who seem to be a massive part of Danny's audience now.

Definitely a contender for his best video in my eyes :D

*the term "mess about" meaning playing around on the 'wrong' bike for the job but still smashing out moves that most riders wouldn't dare do on a trials bike!

• Like 1

There's a little text interview up on the Redbull site. I was wondering if the log remained slippery after a few goes and know I know the answer

"There was nothing funny about this project, it was all serious business. Oh, the Vaseline... I decided that I wanted to do a log slide in the film and we managed to find this log in the middle of nowhere. In the beginning it was covered in algae, so when it was wet it was very slippy, but after a while my bike wore away the algae and we had to start using artificial lubricant. I think we went through 14 tubs of Vaseline. There was all sorts of other lubes used on this thing as well, but we'll not get into that. Every time I would land on the tree half the Vaseline would end up getting scraped off – my shoes and gloves were full of it! "

https://www.redbull.com/uk/en/bike/stories/1331822029480/danny-macaskill-interview-wee-day-out