DJ Guestbook

Danny

Today should've been your 25th birthday, but there will be no celebrating here at home today. Adam is coming home to visit, but unfortunately Sam has Uni commitments (but that doesn't mean he isn't wishing he was home today) I'm sure Lucy will take care of him for me as he goes through the day.

We have already received some well wishes from family and friends which are greatly received...

When people say it gets easier as time goes by obviously haven't had to deal with the loss of a child themselves; the pain in my heart is as strong today as it was the day you were taken away.

I wish i could give you a hug, sing you happy birthday (all be if out of tune!!) and buy you something you would like, instead i have to do with buying you flowers. I miss your presence here at home, your laughter, your smile and your voice, if only i could hear it again.

I love you from the bottom of my being, there is nothing i wouldn't do to swap places with you, to give you the opportunity to LOVE and LIVE.

Happy birthday my sweet.

Lots of love and hugs
Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Phil White

Wassup deej, 5 years since I came here, I popped onto trials forum for a peek around and saw the bunny, I remembr how I felt the day this all happened. Never knew you but hope you have a good Xmas up there dude. All the best. Peace

• 2 weeks later...

No Merry Christmas again this year, in fact it was the hardest one yet!. Our hearts are heavy when we try to carry on 'as normal' without you. Miss you loads. Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 months later...
Guest me again

:-( Realy missing you at the moment, wishing i could hear your infectious laugh and see your lovely smile again. Life is so crazy at the moment i don't feel in control of anything...wish it would all end. All my love as always xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 5 weeks later...

I hate how much hurt there is left behind where your fun spirit should be. I hate seeing the pain behind mum's eyes and seeing dad joke his way past the tears. Most of all I hate the thought that nearly a third of my life has passed by without you and I wish I could change everything.

• 1 month later...
Guest Luis

Hey DJ, thinking of all you're family and friends on this day. you know I'm still thinking of you all these years gone. it all seems like such a long time ago now. i can't even remember what life was like. i will know when you are talking to me, just hope you know the same right now. take care brother. Luis

• 5 months later...
Guest Home alone

Missing you so much at the moment, life is so demanding and i don't know which way to turn. Please if you can, guide me in the right direction so i don't make any mistakes. There is such a huge void in my heart sometimes it feels like i can't breathe. One day i will be with you again and at the moment that day can't come too soon.

All my love Confused.com

• 1 month later...

Christmas this year has been very hard so much has gone wrong!!!! I wish you were here to liven things up and to keep me sane! We miss you more and more as the days go by, having your brothers home make me realise how much there is a BIG hole in our hearts.
This year too we have lost Gran, the king pin of the family, i hope you are with her, she will look after you until i can join you. All my love forever Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Happy new year DJ. Keep looking out for us dude!

Barely a ride goes by where I don't remember you and the other guys we've lost from the TF family. Still puts a lump in my throat :(

Take care mate x

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well darling, another year has passed and so much has happened down here. Both Gt. Grandma and Gt. Grandad have joined you and I miss them greatly but no near as much as i do you. Friends and family can't believe how long it has been already, for me it seems like yesterday still, every detail of the events that took pass fly through my mind daily. My hopes and dreams are that you are well and that some day soon we will meet again. We all love you and think of you many times a day as we try to carry on in a 'normal' way. 9 years!!! Where has the time gone :-(

Hi Bro,

Long time since i have been able to pull myself to this page! Its been way too long since i last spoke to you and for that i am sorry. I still cant believe that you are gone, i can remember the day as if it only just happened, not 9 years ago. I wish you were still here DJ, i know i would have gotten a little dig from you today about me stressing out over my work load at uni, and telling me to stop being such a wimp about doing a simple presentation. But today is hard for me, today is a day when i am nearly finished at university, doing something you never even got the opportunity to see about doing! Another day goes by when i am doing something you never had the chance to do! Its unfair!

Little bro

Sam

• 5 months later...

Wishing you a happy 27th birthday my precious child. I can't get my head round the fact that you aren't here to celebrate with us again this year, people say that time is a great healer, well my time seems to have stood still for 9 and a half years now...my heart still longs for you to come home, to have to tidy up after you and to hear your infectious laugh. I miss you my child. Wishing we could be together. All my love forever, mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 months later...

Can't believe it's been almost 10 years since you were taken away dude, time flies so quickly.

Seems like only yesterday I was celebrating my 18th, now I'm almost 30.

Although people don't post here as much as they used to, you're still missed and thought about.

I don't really believe in God and all that, but if there is something after life hopefully I'll see you there for a beer and a ride. x

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi DJ, just got back into trials but have never forgotten how much of a laugh I had riding with you. I'll always remember the trains back from the Bike Show that time, sadly it was the last time I got to hang out with you. As someone born the same year as you, its hard to take that you didn't get the chance to enjoy life onward from 2004, I honestly always remember how much of a an awesome guy you were to ride with. Legends really do never die.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yet another birthday without our precious son. Today was your 28th birthday, 11 birthdays without you with us....we have a great big whole in our family and no matter how often people say 'it will get easier with time' it doesn't. My heart is still broken and always will be. Sam and Adam have both struggled this year too but the memories we made while you were still here are with us always. Take care darling. Love Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

As another year comes to a close I still find myself asking why did it happen to you? Your presence at home is greatly missed, I miss yor smile and laughter, your mop of curly hair and all those might have beens. I want you to know there is a void in our lives and not a day goes by that we don't hink of you. I want you to know my love for you will never change. All my love now and always Mum xxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking through the chit-chat archives and saw a post about your hoodies and stuff, thought I'd pop by and see what's happening. Cool to see that you've got a nice spam-free home now.

It's incredible how much time flies, it's been so many years but it's gone so quickly...

Take care man x

EDIT: Happy birthday for tomorrow, unless I'm mistaken, it's your 30th??

Edited by MadManMike

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Such a tragedy to lose such a good guy. I often think about lost friends from such a small tight community that was held together by the birth of the internet. It's sad to think this sport will never be replicated. I'm grateful for the friends I know from trials. Thanks DJ for having such a big impact on this sport in life and death.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...