24" vs 26" what are the differences?

kaybs41282

I'm positive this has been asked many times but the search function is throwing up nowt!

Aside from the obvious what are the main differences between the 2 sizes in terms of riding?

I've always ridden stock but intrigued by the 24" Street set up.

Again apologies for going over old ground!

Thanks in advance 

Chris

If youre talking street set up, as in the likes of Inspired etc.. vs a seatless stock. Everything? 

Lower BB, steeper head angles, shorter chainstays, a seat.... theyre completely different machines.  Both can be ridden in a similar manner, but one suits one way more than the other and vice versa. 

If you compare it to a "trialsy" 24", not a great deal in honesty. Ive had a few, and Ive had a few 20s and 26s. All ride the same, all can be done equally on all, its just what you get on with most. 

Guessing you mean street riding from your wanted topic. For streety stuff smaller wheels definitely flip and spin easier, but outside of a few tricks neither will hold you back for trials moves. It's just street riding has all gone 24" so the only 26" options are a Hex or a custom frame, or a really old frame. I actually prefer 26" wheels, 24" always felt a bit small to me, I never chucked a bike about better than I did on a Planet X Zebdi about 10 years ago. But like I say, 26" street trials is fairly dead in comparison so it hasn't had to evolve like the 24s.

• Like 1