2016 Gu 26" Solid build

cwtrials

Hey all. Here is the Gu I have been riding lately. I love the frame a LOT! It's the new one with a tapered headset.

Anywho, it's a pretty beefy build too. I feel my builds have gotten a lot nicer since I stopped weighing crap. Old school echo double wall rear, trialtech cranks, and such. I drilled out a trialtech 4-bolt booster for the M6 clamp bolts, which is super easy since the holes aren't recessed in the trialtech. The M6 bolts are far superior and I think everyone should get on board.

MT7 front with 200mm rotor and trialtech pads.

Conti Der Kaiser rear and mountain king front.

IMG_20161207_130610324.jpg

IMG_20161207_130534332.jpg

IMG_20161207_130544579.jpg

IMG_20161207_130547629_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Doesn't look too beefy to me?!

Why the tensioner?

Compared to the way Echo sells them and average weight weenie stock bikes these days. Obviously not beefy compared to street trials bikes.

Trying the tensioner for a bit. I have to take my rear wheel off all the time and it just makes the process quicker and removes fiddling with the built in tensnioners every time.  My wife and I only have one car, so often I will practice in town while she goes shopping or takes the kids to the children's museum, and I gotta take the wheel off to fit in the trunk.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, niconj said:

I'd rather get a roof rack than taking off the rear wheel every time I go out riding. Especially with HS33 where the wheel will never be in the same place.

A good roof rack would be worth more than my car...

We just moved.  I have a van that can fit all my bikes and all my people back home I plan on bringing down here at some point.

• Like 1