Translation Required, Italian

Tom Booth

I've bought an item from a guy in Italy, after weeks of nagging the son of a bitch he's posted it and given me a tracking number. Unfortunately I can only track it in Italian. Can anyone make sense of this?

Screenshot_20161209-122724.png

On Google Translator it equates to..

'Taking Charge Office PostalePoste Italian Post Office Oderzo Via Arturo Martini'

I cannot figure out what it's on about for the life of me. It hasn't changed either for a day or two.

Anyone make any sense of it or know how to track it through a British site? It's with Poste Italiane.

Hello!

Glad my italian will finally help in this forum haha

*****Tranlation*****

Poste Italiane (Italian courier)

In transit:

Dec 7 2016: your shipment is in charge of Poste Italiane (courier)

the office of Postale Oderzo is located in Via Artuto Martini 13, 310246 Oderzo (TV)

It doesn't give you really that much information, if you need some more translation you can ask me :D

Hope you get your stuff soon

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

Anyone make any sense of it or know how to track it through a British site? It's with Poste Italiane.

You can track pretty much anything on any service on trackitonline.ru.  We use it for our Royal Mail ISF parcels as they give more detailed info about Royal Mail shipments than Royal Mail themselves...

On 09/12/2016 at 5:03 PM, Mark W said:

You can track pretty much anything on any service on trackitonline.ru.  We use it for our Royal Mail ISF parcels as they give more detailed info about Royal Mail shipments than Royal Mail themselves...

Cheers Mark. I downloaded an app called aftership which let's you track anything from about 300+ different services. Unfortunately it's still in Italian but it saves upto 4 shipments you can view and label etc. Handy little app!

Apparently it's arrived at the international sorting in Milan, hoping go get it early next week, too excited!

• 3 weeks later...

tmp_5387-IMAG06491450880253.jpg

Certainly did,

Turned up about 2 days after I filed a PayPal case against the seller as he bullshitted quite alot. That's on going still as I'm waiting for a reply from him but Atleast I got the item as described.

It's a pretty rare piece, it's designed to work with the 100 selection jukeboxes rather then the popular 120 selection models. I've never seen another nor seen another one for sale, pretty chuffed with it and had some insane offers to buy it :lol:

Old school remote, designed for the end of the table in a diner booth or big dance halls and stuff. The model.it's designed for was only a small jukebox, so obviously they weren't in big rooms hence you were never more then 20ft from the machine so they didn't sell a great deal of them. Think there's only 100 or so in existence

I bought the corresponding jukebox end of last year, just waiting for a gap in work to restore..

tmp_32025-IMAG0727-1164279761.jpg

All that blue/red trim should be chrome :( Think the chromer will retire when I've paid for that little lot.

If I'm 100% honest I understand how they work, but I don't know the full ins and outs. They work on 4 core cable for this model, 25v in, common(negative) and 2 signals out, because you select a letter and then number. This then translates to like a 10 point rotary switch, connected to a solenoid, so B 5 would be 2 clicks on the letters rotary, 5 on the numbers rotary. As far as I can understand it's the amps the wallbox returns that dictates the distance of movement on the solenoid.

It's mega clever for its age, the whole system is. When a jukebox is on, but not playing they have a muting circuit to kill any static or hum from the amplifier. This failed on a restored machine of mine over Christmas, melted my brain trying to repair it!

It's not actually thaaaaaaat bad (he says assuring himself). It's all complete/running, whatever I'd buy would want rechroming but the blue/red paint has saved it to some degree. The glass marquee on the top isn't available as a reproduction, but shouldn't be to hard to have made. There's a food few companies out there making reproduction parts for them though, most of the glass/trim pieces are available and there's a few people remaking plastics for them. I've created a few moulds fore vac formed plastic, I've had a few prototypes made but need to grow a pair and order a bulk.

People remove the internals and replace with an iPod, can even buy a full wiring loom ready to plug in to a few models of wallbox, but given the low production numbers of this one, I'll strip, clean and reassemble. I just need a new pricing and select glass for USA pricing to replace the home made ones that are fitted.