Horrible hope brake sound?

lovell7

Got an inspired arcade recently second hand virtually brand new..

ridden a few times now and its got hope tech 3 front and rear brakes.

only recently the rear brake has been making a horrible creaking sound which does my head in, any drops or gaps i do it makes a horrible creak. Anybody know what it could be?

Everything is tight and all good. Looks to be the pads moving, if so is there anyway i can stop the creaking sound?

Here's a vid of my friend just hopping on the back wheel showing the sound...

thanks in advance

BRAKE SOUND.MOV

6 minutes ago, lovell7 said:

Got an inspired arcade recently second hand virtually brand new..

No creaking sound that is. It's pad knock. You can either wait for it to disappear as the pistons work "into" the brake pad backings or you can try applying a thin layer of duct tape on the back of your pads. It will get less eventually. Have a look at my video and listen closely. It's a Saint rear brake and it's even worse than your sound.

Edited by niconj

5 minutes ago, niconj said:

No creaking sound that is. It's pad knock. You can either wait for it to disappear as the pistons work "into" the brake pad backings or you can try applying a thin layer of duct tape on the back of your pads. It will get less eventually. Have a look at my video and listen closely. It's a Saint rear brake and it's even worse than your sound.

ahhhh makes sense now. Has been slowly getting worse but if its the back of the pads against the piston i guess it will wear in eventually. I think i might put something on the back of them to lessen the creaking abit. I started to think something was loose! And yeh yours sounds even worse but aslong as it doesnt effect the braking its fine really.

Thanks for your reply :D