Alias 20.1- Dream bike.

Herbertlemon102

Ive finally got my alias at the stage where i want it. just a few tiny details left.

brief spec

Saint m810 brakes

180mm ice tech rotors

trialtech everything

hope rear hub/bar ends

i moved back down to a 180 at the front as the 203 would have been just death

IMG_5228.JPG

Edited by Herbertlemon102
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

I still think they deserve a saddle...

it would have to have a drastic redesign or a foot long seatpost :P the picture may be deceiving, but where the seattube is in comparison to the tyre is literally nothing. nowhere near enough space for a seat unless you had a stupid seatpost or the frame was deigned more bmx-y. which i guess is why the arcade exists :P  

Edited by Herbertlemon102

3 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

I still think they deserve a saddle...

Only if they went full BMX look (bars and stem with appropriate geo changes to accommodate). I'd be on board for that (it's actually something I suggested at one point, but nothing ever came of it) and agree that would look nice, but then that'd be because it would look like a nice BMX :P

The mod bar-and-stem with a saddle is the worst looking combination I've ever seen on a 20" bike, and the day it happens to the Alias will be the day I stop having any input or affiliation with them :lol: 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cyder man said:

Very cool indeed, is the rear hub spacing 135mm or 116mm?

If 116 then how did you get the hope hub in there? If you've done some sort of hub modification, please tell! B)

its a 116mm spaced frame, with a custom 110mm pro2 evo ss! (plus cams/ disc spacing)  machined axle, bearings relocated, freehub machined down and threaded for an external lockring, disc tabs and end caps appropriately modified/machined. which means theres absolutely zero dish :D all done by alex.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cyder man said:

Thanks for the info... Was that an expensive process? The reason I'm asking is I'm toying with the idea of getting one of these frames at some point and a hope hub would be awesome... :D

it was reasonable. especially for the amount of work done. there were a few niggles i had to fix, but they were very very minor and it was alex's first time doing the 80ep hub. as far as im aware, josh leech did flipps rear pro4 in his. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aener said:

Only if they went full BMX look (bars and stem with appropriate geo changes to accommodate). I'd be on board for that (it's actually something I suggested at one point, but nothing ever came of it) and agree that would look nice, but then that'd be because it would look like a nice BMX :P

The mod bar-and-stem with a saddle is the worst looking combination I've ever seen on a 20" bike, and the day it happens to the Alias will be the day I stop having any input or affiliation with them :lol: 

Haha, fair enough.

I thought Eskimo's Triton almost pulled it off...

Triton-bmx-mod-Nick-UK-1.jpg

• Like 1