Can't for the life of me find frames...

Gibbo3771

I have been wanting a trials bike for some time now but can't for the life of me find any 24" frame/forks second hand. I actually work in a bike shop so getting a complete trials bike is not a problem, however the brand I have access to is Onza and for some reason the distributor just stopped selling frames (wtf?) and you can only buy complete bikes. I have yet to use my Hope staff voucher so I want to avoid buying a whole bike, since I can get a nice build for less money than literally anything retail on the market.

Does anyone have good resources for buying used frames? I have tried Gumtree and even on here but not a whole lot exists. It seems crazy that a new Onza Zoot (full build) goes for £400, that's an awful lot to strip down and spare bin all the low end parts.

The 'distributor' is Onza themselves, effectively - Onza don't do the Zoot frame kits any more so that's that.  They seem to just be focussing on the MTB side now.  There's been talk of a new range of bikes, but they've got virtually no stock left of anything now and seem to be winding things down.  Zoots aren't the most durable of frames anyway so it may be worth seeing what else you can find.

For second hand stuff, it seems like you're more likely to find a complete bike than just a frame.  You can get some absolute steals second hand on here (just ask Luke about his Arcade deal :p), but checking out some of the trials groups on FB might help too.  Every single trials group out there seems to have just devolved into a FS/WTD group now, so see if you can join them and post up about what you're after (Y)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark W said:

The 'distributor' is Onza themselves, effectively - Onza don't do the Zoot frame kits any more so that's that.  They seem to just be focussing on the MTB side now.

That explains why Moorelarge are only selling their MTB frame/bikes at the moment, besides old stock like you said.

4 minutes ago, Mark W said:

For second hand stuff, it seems like you're more likely to find a complete bike than just a frame.  You can get some absolute steals second hand on here (just ask Luke about his Arcade deal :p), but checking out some of the trials groups on FB might help too.  Every single trials group out there seems to have just devolved into a FS/WTD group now, so see if you can join them and post up about what you're after (Y)

I'll try and FB groups, never thought of that! I will also stick around here and see what I can find, I am hoping to get a frame/fork for under £250. Or if possible trade one of my mountain bikes for a full build, that means I will at least get something higher end.