Rafa Tibau - Street Trials in Barcelona

Rusevelt

Think the title should be renamed euro comp rider awkwardly hops around on concrete stuff with amazing balance wearing painful clothing to generic shit video game music.

edit: I could've rinsed that last gap with my touring bike, was it for the video to be FUNNYCRAZYWOOO EXTREEEEME FREERIDING #jitsie #jitsie #jitsie

Edited by AndyT
  • Like 3

First trials video I've seen on here in a while, happy days. I'm all for street trials but i think its ridiculous that a video is posted now and it gets torn to shit by narrow minded individuals who cant see past their own preferences in the sport, lighten up.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Davetrials said:

First trials video I've seen on here in a while, happy days. I'm all for street trials but i think its ridiculous that a video is posted now and it gets torn to shit by narrow minded individuals who cant see past their own preferences in the sport, lighten up.

I prefer riding a trials bike in the woods to any 24" riding or this bullshit.

if you can't see this as bullshit, I would call you the narrow minded person.  Get yourself a jitsie neck tattoo and balance on curbs all day.

1 hour ago, Paperclip said:

It's very Aurelien looking although something about the edit style spoils it a little. This riding is huge but it's not really captured brilliantly. 

Pedal upto fronts are getting huge from compy riders these days! 

oui

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 2:16 PM, AndyT said:

Think the title should be renamed euro comp rider awkwardly hops around on concrete stuff with amazing balance wearing painful clothing to generic shit video game music.

edit: I could've rinsed that last gap with my touring bike, was it for the video to be FUNNYCRAZYWOOO EXTREEEEME FREERIDING #jitsie #jitsie #jitsie

Man you're 33 years old and that's your reaction to someone else putting the effort in to make a video. Pathetic

Edit: Just noticed you're American - situation explained

Edited by MikeCottTrials
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MikeCottTrials said:

Man you're 33 years old and that's your reaction to someone else putting the effort in to make a video. Pathetic

You liked it? Lots of different people in the world, many enjoy sounding. Google it.

There was no effort put into this video, not even a semblance of a bright idea.  A jumbled bag of eurotrash.

I love my McDonald's, GO TRUMP he would probably kick you out of this country.

Edited by AndyT

6 hours ago, MikeCottTrials said:

For the love, don't judge us all by Andy. (or Trump) (or Hollywood) (or Mcdonalds).

Rafa is one of my favorite of the current elite riders, Some of the things in the video where fairly impressive.  Editing and music were a bit much.  But just cause he's elite doesn't mean he a) Edits videos all the time or b) knows or can afford someone who does know what they're doing.  Granted, parts of current elite riding do look a bit awkward.  However trials has always been the 10% who don't look awkward and the 90% who do.  I really think some of the elite riders are struggling to adequately capture their talent on video in a clean, viewable manner that doesn't seem tacky or over the top.

Hook was crazy.

• Like 3

Great rider but as said the video just looks like a marketing exercise, not something shot for riders to watch. 

I think comparing his riding to Aurelien is a big injustice to Aurel. He's the only 26" elite rider with bags of style who has managed to bring the beauty of oldschool trials to modern sections. On top of that he always looks like he's having fun on the bike rather than merely trying to nail something hard. 26" comp riding just looks so harsh these days. That can't be said for the majority of 20" riders, most of them are a joy to watch. That's coming from someone who would rather quit trials than own a mod :P 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

maybe Andy is right but still harsh. Rafa has serious skill but maybe not the grace to match. Perhaps to many of you guys are stuck in 2011? 

Trials is evolving into something new along with some seriously nice new styles...

hopefully we will be lucky enough to get to watch these in video, I am grateful for all the efforts 

• Like 4

What other video was that first tune in? It's killing me. Aurel / TRA / AndyT? 

17 hours ago, dave33 said:

maybe Andy is right but still harsh. Rafa has serious skill but maybe not the grace to match. Perhaps to many of you guys are stuck in 2011? 

We probably are but that's because we're old farts. In 10 years time youngsters will be saying the same thing about the 2025 riding style. That is unless trials ditches wheels and brakes for a carbon fibre stick with cranks and a handlebar somewhere along the way :P 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2017 at 9:34 PM, dave33 said:

Trials is evolving into something new along with some seriously nice new styles...

hopefully we will be lucky enough to get to watch these in video, I am grateful for all the efforts 

Still go back to watch this video now! Quality.